Sunday, March 1, 2009

Let the Horses Run Free

Short post tonight. Just wanted to say that I did something today I've been thinking of for a while. I usually exercise on my Gazelle, kind of a striding machine, you've probably seen the infomercial at one time or another. Decent piece of equipment, especially for $400, at least that's what it was five or six years ago. It's helped my heart get into shape. I have good endurance. Not a lot of speed, but good endurance. Anyway, I've been wondering for a while how I would do on a treadmill, feeling like there were some big horses inside trying to get out and just run crazy. I found out today, and it was a pleasant surprise. I ran 3 MILES, yes, that's right, 3 MILES, that's a 5K run. Now, that probably doesn't sound very impressive, but consider I'm a 200+ lb. fat chick, and maybe that sounds a little better. I did it in 54 minutes, also not very impressive, in fact it's kind of just a fast walking space for a lot of people, but I did run it, not walk, and when I was done, it made me want to work up to five miles per hour. I wonder how long it would take?

7:30 am - wake up, get baby, fold some laundry, sit and think about the blanket project, and what to do about the ribbons for the woobies/taggies (should I make do with what I have, or buy some more when I'm in Salt Lake this Wednesday?
9:15 am - made the mistake of sitting on my bed, fell asleep again, then I woke up and got ready to go to the rec center
10:35 am - went to the rec center, tried to find a treadmill that worked, figured it out, and got going, irritated these two chicks waiting for the treadmill because I kept going
12:00 am - back home, put out some fires (kids with drama), fed Emma, showered & dressed, now I can't remember what I did
3:15 pm - went to Wal-Mart, did the shopping
4:20 pm - back home, unloaded & put away groceries, finished baking the cookie dough from the day before, cooked dinner, watched commentary on an episode of Supernatural, hung out with the kids, started sewing on the matching woobie for the pink ladybug quilt.
8:20 pm - Zen came home after five days at Man Camp (very funny name, must blog)
9:00 pm - read scriptures with kids, put kids to bed, then finished woobie, showed Dani, talked with Zen, write blog post
12:30 am - go to bed

End Post #18, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for all your activity and blogging this week :-) Did I tell you I have started back to Curves? Curves one day and walk the next. Gotta get in shape for all that walking in Scotland this summer

Love,
Your Mom

Sue said...

Work it, baby, work it! It's good to mix up the workout every now and then. I hate running, but it's my only option right now. Not that I'm doing a whole lot of it because it's butt cold outside...