Friday, March 27, 2009

Girls' Weekend Part Uno

Sorry, a little late on the post for Friday. But I was too tired last night, and Jenn doesn't have wireless internet. But, I'm on her computer this morning, so here goes:

Time Log -

6:30 am - alarm went off, lay in bed like a slug
6:50 am - finally got up, talked to Zen, started getting ready to go. Skipped the exercising, because I thought I could go faster. Slacker! Well, um... pretty much packed my whole craftroom, minus the stuff I neeed to sell, helped Zen a little with get the kids ready to go, then I headed out on the road. Zen and I were talking on the cell phone as I left, and Connor had to talk to me to tell me, in a mopey tone of voice, that his feet were cold. He'd been romping around in the snow in his socks and crocs, it's a little kid thing. So, I told him to take off his socks and put his blankie on his feet. Packing is always funny, because something is always forgotten. I was going to give the spare camera to them so they could take pics in Star Valley, but I forgot to give it to them. MONKEYS!!
12:25 pm - finally pulled out of Rock Springs, jammin' to tunes, singing along with no one to yell at me to quit singing. I love driving, jammin', and singing. It's on my top five list of relaxing things to do, a great destresser. Along the way, I did a naughty/dangerous thing. I stopped along the side of the interstate in Echo Canyon, and took pictures of the rocks. It was a totally Dad thing, taking pics on the side of the road on road trips. We HATED it when we were kids. "Awww, Dad!" But now, Sue and I are totally picture hounds. David is, too. Is Don? Here are the red rocks in Echo Canyon:



Someday, I want to make a photo trip to photograph Echo Canyon. I got a feeling I'll be alone on that trip! Unless, Sue, you want to make a daytrip with me?

2:45 pm - blew into Salt Lake, and headed to Sandy, to go to a bead show with Mom. Turns out that it was cancelled because the crew got stuck in a snowstorm in Denver. Rats. So, we turned to plan B, met up at 90th South and State, Mom jumped in my car, and headed to a bead store in Sugarhouse, called String Beads. It's like being a kid in a candy store. So many choices. Makes my brain hurt! Here we are:




5:15 pm - Mom was done pretty fast, but of course, I took forever, trying to narrow my choices. I gave up, bought a few beads, and headed out of there. Fought rush-hour traffic. Stopped at Smith's on the way to Jenn's, picked up the stuff for my guacamole.
6:30 pm - Arrived at Jenn's, unloaded my car, with the help of my Mom and Jenn, who I just know were thinking, "Why did you bring so much crap?!!!!" Can you blame them:

Sue, you weren't there at my house to veto anything, sorry!

My AccuCut diecutter, so I can make some cards, and you know I like sharing, I think that's the problem with all the stuff: I think everyone will want to use at least a little of something.


Then it was deciding what to order from Pizza Factory, then Jenn and Chris picked up everyone's order, and when it got here we filled up our plates:





Then, it was showtime, baby! Twilight, some good eye candy, and that's all I will say 'bout that. It was about 10:30 pm by then, my Mom and Liz went home to sleep, and we carried on. Everyone asked me about Supernatural, I caught 'em up to speed, and we watched a few episodes on my laptop. Some nice eye candy there, too, of the hottie variety. I fell asleep in the middle of the second episode. That's it, tried to make it short and sweet.

End Post #45, 2009

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am green with envy. Green Guacamole Envy.