Saturday, March 7, 2009

Every Girl Needs a Little Bling

7:05 am - Emma woke up, couldn't she have slept in? Maybe she will take a long nap today... Anyway, changed her diaper, gave her a bottle, turned on Wonder Pets, and tried to nap on the couch, not much use, when Gil woke up (who slept on the couch last night), I went back to my bed.
9:15 am - I can hear Emma fussing, so I know I need to get up and feed her, which I did. Made some headway through my shredding pile, then started planning my Wal-Mart shopping list. I need Emma's prescription cold medicine, which I forgot last night, and a few more beading things, so I might as well get the grocery shopping done. As I was puttering around, I noticed Connor having the breakfast of champions - lemon wafers & root beer. Holy Monkeys, where is this kid's mother?!!
9:55 am - came downstairs to get dressed for shopping, decided to check my blog, nice commenting ladies! Yes, I live to embarrass my teenagers, or at least think about it. It's just revenge for all the heck they give me, and oh so satisfying.

Upstairs while I shredded, Gil had been commenting how good a bass guitar player Dani is on Rock Band 2, and as I sat writing, my brain kicked in and it occurred to me something momentous was happening:
First of all, Gil stooped to do something with his sister, then he actually had something nice to say about her.
Baby loves watching the kids play RockBand2. Connor can even sing some of the songs, sort of. It's so funny to listen to him sing hard rock!
It was an epic moment of cooperation. Who knew that jammin' out to AC/DC and Beastie Boys would bring my children together?

11am - to Wal-Mart to get the grocery shopping done, and of course, to pick up some more beading supplies
about 12:30 pm - back home, helped Dani fix one of the Wii cd's with an awesome gadget called the Skip Dr., it smooths out the scratches on the bottom of the cd/dvd and makes it useable again. Awesome! Then I added more to blog post
1:15 pm - go to rec ctr, Zen & Gil took Connor raquetball & swimming, I did the stationary bike for the first time, it was really hard! I had to concentrate to keep going. I find the first fifteen minutes of a workout are the hardest. Then I seem to pick up endurance after that. I did 30 min., 7.96 miles, 225 calories, and averaged 3.7 on resistance, and the machine goes up to ten. Good workout, killed my thighs, but it was easy on my heel.
2:20 back home, eat lunch, feed Emma, make mac n cheese for Connor, sit and stare at my jewelry, thinking about stuff to do
3:30 pm - finally get off my crack, start some laundry, so everyone has clean clothes for church, add more to blog post, gather things to return to Wal-Mart, probably spent 45 min looking, aaargh!, finally gave up and took what I could find
4:45 pm - did a few errands, came back & picked up Dani to go to Wal-Mart because she had money burning a hole in her pocket, she bought a computer game and jewelry,
6:30 pm - we were finally back, and threw a couple deli pizzas in the oven, I finished a movie (got a thing for the zombie movies lately, end of the world stuff, even though I hate horror movies, go figure), then got busy beading. I put baby to bed around 7:45 pm, did some more laundry, and at 11:30 pm had to run back to Wal-Mart for some more beads. Here are the results:
Another cute binky clip for missy Foo-Loolie. I saw the ladybugs at String Beads this week, and knew they would be great for a binky clip. Love the ladybugs!
I've been dying to make this for weeks now, to go with one of my church skirt outfits, and I finally got to do it!! I love the aquamarine color that has an iridescense to it, and also the fact that I finished a complete jewelry set: matching necklace, bracelet, & earrings
3:50 am - (lost an hour to daylight savings), finished projects & cleaned up, and yes I'm a lunatic for staying up this late! It's not the construction that takes forever, beading is pretty easy, but it's the designing & daydreaming that's a killer. I'll catch a few z's before church, then take a big Sunday afternoon nap, one of my favorite things of the week. Gotta quit staying up so late! No more Project Linus blankets (except for Lora's cowboy woobie), and gotta lay off the jewelry for a few days, so I can get the ball rolling on my big eBay sales.

End Post #25, 2009

1 comment:

Sue said...

Love the high five pic! Dani's leopard ensemble totally makes the scene. AC/DC? Dan would be so proud!

Your bead projects rock! I love the silver heart pendant on your necklace. It's always fun to have some great jewelry to jazz up your outfit. Have fun feeling pretty today!