Sunday, March 15, 2009

Every Girl Needs Her Own Space

I'm going to shorthand the daily log a lot tonight. It's nearly midnight, and I just can't spend the time on this that I usually do, but I'll do what I can.

Time Log -

Confession - I probably stayed up past one last night watched more episodes of Supernatural than I should have. But, I did get my Sunday nap, so I'm good.
7:00 am - wake up, get in the shower, we all got ready for church, fixed Zen's pants
9:00 am - at church, we pulled into the parking lot, and it seemed like half the cars weren't there. Three-day weekend for the kids is all we could think of. Yeah, I've got all the heathens home tomorrow. I don't know if that's a good thing, or bad thing, productivity-wise. I'll probably exercise at the rec center tomorrow.
Church was good, it usually is, but it went fast today, for some reason, I think because I was glad to be there. Being where you're supposed to be, doing the right thing, letting yourself feel love for the members of your ward, it's a good feeling.
12:10 pm - home, everyone emfh for lunch. I looked at things on my computer. Good to see you on the blog, Katie! Man, I should check the family blogs before I go to bed. Got Emma & Connor changed out of their church clothes, hung out with the kids, fed Emma, all that sort of post-church thing. I looked up Pres. Monson's talk for next week, when I've got to teach the Relief Society lesson. The talk is from last Conference, called "Finding Joy Along the Way." It's a whole "stop and smell the roses" kind of thing, appreciate your family, feel gratitude for your blessings everyday. I'm actually looking forward to teaching it. I can't believe it. Usually, the idea of teaching fills me with dread. A lot of lessons are "get your act together, already" kind of things. Not that we don't need it, boy do we need it. But sometimes, you can let it get to you, take away a negative feeling of, "I'm not worthy" or "I'm not good enough, why bother?" If you're in a bad place emotionally, church can be a hard thing to swallow, because sometimes you're not strong enough for a chewing-out, and you'd rather have a pick-me-up. So, I get to have a "Rah-rah-rah-let's-go-team" kind of lesson next Sunday. I think I'll talk about my bout with depression, and form it in my mind like I'm talking to myself three years ago, what would I say that would be helpful. I think it's going to be good. You know how everyone usually makes bookmarks, or has a cool object lesson, or something. My plan is to use up these buckets of paper scraps I've got stashed away, and diecut a monkey-load of cards people can glue together real quick, and give notes to someone. You know, a way to make a connection maybe they haven't made in a while, or something.
1:45 pm - Nap time, baby. And it was good. Man, I love having older kids with these babies. I get to take naps sometimes, go shopping by myself, where if they were all close together, I wouldn't get to do that.
4:00 pm - Home teacher came by (yes, by appointment), dragged myself out of bed
4:40 pm - went to choir practice, lovin' choir. Sometimes, when I've been away from ward choir for a while, getting back into it seems like such a drag, a sacrifice of time I don't want to make. But I feel like I've been blessed with a good singing voice, and that I have an obligation to share it. Not that I'm the greatest singer or anything, but it's good enough for ward choir, and I do a good job, so it's my way of showing Heavenly Father my appreciation for the joy I feel when I sing, for the joy of all kinds of music.
5:30 pm - back home, start making dinner. Made individual plates of red enchiliadas, got to remember to put more sauce on them next time, but still, they were good:


The rest of the night (here's the shorthand, I guess) - looked up templates, talked to Zen, who went to bed early because he's got a 2am yard call. We read scriptures with him about 7:30, when he was going to bed. We all gathered on our bed with him, but all the kids were so rowdy, jumping and wrestling. I don't know, it reminds me of the John Denver song, "Grandma's Featherbed." I looked at more website templates, trying to get some of the things working. I used the excuse it was for redesigning my blog (that's okay on Sunday, right?), which is true, but it will also benefit my business, too. Hey, if anyone needs a website template, I'm licensed to do website projects with this stuff for up to 50 clients/projects. You can take a look at www.dreamtemplate.com. And yes, Sue, I paid real money for the privelege. Jeez, the money police. You're no fun!

Lastly, here are some pics of Dani, in her new little workspace in her bedroom. I talked about it yesterday, but forgot to take pics, so I made up for that today:

A view from her bed - Dani and her own little space, with a stack of supplies right at hand.

Dani, braiding bracelets.

Somehow, I think Granddad would be proud, even if it looks a little girly.

Connor busted up our picture session by jumping on the bed, and then Dani joined him. One word - "Joy!"

Crud, that wasn't a short post at all was it? Oh, well.

End Post #33, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your posts, no matter long or longer. Lucky Dani, with her own crafty place. Gotta luv your pix. I'll be sure to show your pix to Aimee when I get to her house. Fly out Wed. AM and return the following Monday, March 23.

Sue said...

"I'm going to shorthand the daily log a lot tonight" Hah! That's totally me. Sit down to do a short blog post and an hour later I've written an epistle.

Good luck preparing your lesson. I used to love teaching RS and sharing what I've learned from personal experience. Keepin' it real.

I wish I was there for the red enchiladas. Drool, drool...