Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Day In the Life...

Let's do things a little differently today, shorthand a little more.
6:45 am wake up, exercise, shower, dress, feed Emma, help kids
about 9am to noon - help kids, work on cutting the fringe for the Project Linus fleece blankets
Me, cutting fringe, pic taken with tripod

A close-up of my cool strip-cutting gadget, and the style of fringe, which is cut strips and tie each into a knot at the top, I did the fringing, and Jeannie Richey will tie the knots

Anytime I record doing things, you can always be sure I'm helping the kids, too, so it's not a straight-shot of work time. Connor insisted I spin him in the computer chair, over and over.

Emma went along for a ride, too.

I'm not sure which is more satisfying, rocking a baby to sleep, or finding them asleep on the floor after a hard morning of play.

12:00 to 12:45 pm - honestly, I don't even remember what I was doing, but it wasn't goofing off.
12:45 pm to 2 pm - made grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, & applesauce for lunch, Emma woke up, I started work on the dinosaur cutouts for Scouts

Somehow, this reminds me of the picture when I was little, eating out of the dog or cat bowl. Goldfish crackers taste better, though.

2pm to 5pm - finished the diecuts, took them to Scouts, then dropped off four of the cut fleece blankets to Jeannie Richey, who was thankful we'd followed up on our original plan, it was a good sense of accomplishment

5pm to 9:30 pm - cook dinner, sew Dani's blanket, I was going to treat myself to playing with my jewelry-making supplies and working on secrect projects, but I wanted to get Dani's blanket out of the way, and I knew she'd be really glad to sleep with it tonight. That reminds me of the night my Mom brought the Holly Hobbie blanket home from Relief Society. I was already in bed, but I snuggled up to it right away. It stayed with me for years and years, and I only quit sleeping with it a few years ago. TMI? Anyway, I'll have to play jewelry tomorrow.

I made asian dumplings for dinner, yum!

All this blankie-making piqued Dani's interest, and initially, she said she wanted a woobie, too. Of course, Dani not being two years old, the little square turned into a lap blanket at the fabric store yesterday. This blanket is sooooo soft!

It's like soft fur, mmmm....

9:30 pm - read scriptures with kids & Zen, who is back from Man Camp again! He's home now for a few days, hallelujah! Then, I finished helping put kids to bed, wrote my blog post, now at 10:45 pm, going to bed

End Post #23, 2009

3 comments:

Sue said...

Dude, that picture of Emma TOTALLY looks just like the one of you eating the dog food. We must find and scan it for you to post!

You've created blankie/woobie lust among all the girls in the family! You are the queen!

Anonymous said...

I am totally in love with you're posting every day :-) - or should I say evening.... Sue is up late and I am up early, but going back to bed in a minute. It is your daily journal and with pix. I wonder if Aimee would like one of your woobies? Do you have a copy of the dog food pix or should I start searching?

Sue said...

Mom, I thought the pic was with the little photo album I made for Christmas several years ago, but it's not. So yes, start looking in the slide collection. It's so awesome that we have them now!

Becky, those dumplings look MUY YUUUUMY! Please post the recipe.