Monday, March 23, 2009

You Likee?

Okay, I finally did it. Here's my new blog layout. You likee? And you know, there's really only one right answer (like the question, does this dress make my butt look big?) So, pile on the praise, ladies!

Time Log -
7:42 am - Foofie woke me up, gave her a bottle, snuggled with her while I got on the computer, talked to Dani before she went to school, then I got totally distracted reading plot synopses on IMDB.com of Supernatural, season 4. Yes, Sue, I finally watched all the episodes of Season 3, so that addiction has been curtailed for the time being. But when season 4 comes out on dvd this summer, there will be a Supernatural marathon.
9:35 am - after snuggling and playing with Foofie, I got off my crack and exercised. 30 min Gazelle, resist #2, 20 crunches, 20 side-crunches each side, 20 backwards crunches, 10 real situps, then repeated all that again. Gotta work on my six-pack (yes, that makes me giggle at myself, because my six-pack will probably never see the light of day under all this flab, but stomach muscles are still good). Found a good article on the best ab exercises: http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises.htm. I'll do some of those tomorrow
10:20 am - went upstairs, helped kids (Connor woke up during my exercising), ate breakfast (see, Katie, I ate breakfast), fed Emma, washed some pots & pans, started my blog post for the day. I like to add to it throughout the day, in an effort to avoid the hour-long posting session late at night. I haven't been too successful with that, I think just because I save all the photo selection, editing, and dowloading for the end of the day.
I stopped to take pics of Emma, because I wanted a pic of her snuggling her blankie. I give her the red fuzzy snowflake blankie, and tell her to "make a snuggle", and she'll ususally snuggle it.

"Make a blankie snuggle," I say to Emma.

Then, I went on doing my thing at the computer. A little later, I noticed it was quiet, so I went into the tv room, and she was asleep on the floor:


Good baby, good baby. I think she falls asleep on the floor when we've had lots of snuggle time, and she feels content.
I went downstairs to look up some things for Sue to see if we could get a Bazzill cardstock order by Friday, but no dice (next time we do a Girl's Weekend, I need to email everyone about two weeks before, and see if we want to get a group order together.) I kept working at the computer, but I had trouble concentrating and was fighting hard not to fall asleep, and this kind of made me restless and hungry. Thus, the snackies (see Food Log).
1:25 pm - Emma woke up, and started playing. Here she is, doing one of her usual daily activities, dumping videos off the shelves:


Baby Destructo

I just haven't made up my mind to move all of them somewhere else. I probably should reorganize in the tv room, but that's just another project I can't get to right now.
2:45 pm - Anyway, after making sure Connor and Emma were content (Emma diaper changed, & lying down for a few minutes with her bottle and blankie, Connor with a milk sipper), I gave up studying and just about fell over, and I took a nap in Gil's room for a while. I could hear the kids come home from school shortly after that, so I stayed and slept a while longer.
4:15 pm - got up to help the kids, then I realized I needed to hurry fast and get an eBay order mailed. I barely made it to the post office on time. Whew! Then, I came home, helped kids, sat at my laptop for a while.
5:30 pm - Went upstairs to cook dinner. Connor was disappointed the cake was all gone (this happens when there are six people in the house, and four of them eat adult portions), so Connor and I mixed together another lemon poppy seed cake and put it in the oven. Then I started cooking broccoli cheese soup, with potatoes, onions, and bacon. It was really yummy. I tried to work at my laptop while dinner cooked.
7:30 pm - ate dinner, and worked at my laptop, did a load of laundry for Foofie, so she would have clean jammies for bedtime.
8:15 pm - we all read scriptures with Zen, who was going to bed early for a 3am yard call.
9:15 pm - I went upstairs to get the kids ready for bed. Bathed Emma, got Connor ready, then went back down to my laptop.
10:00pm to 4:20 am - yep, I really stayed up that late to finish tweaking my blog. And yes, I designed all my own graphics, too (impressive, sí?) Now, it's totally sweet, and better yet, I know how to fix it any time I want with any cool new stuff I feel like designing!!! If anyone wants me to fix theirs, I can totally do that (Chris, I'm begging you, let me fix your date/time issues!!!!) Just change your password temporarily, send me the new log-in info, and I'll fix your blog. Then, when I'm done, you can change your password again. Awesome!!

11 am - Malt o Meal (¼ cup dry & 1 cup water) cooked with strawberries
11:50 am - cracked wheat crackers, herb cream cheese dip I made last week for the philly steak & cheese sandwiches, it was either fat free or light
1:30/2:00 pm - bad case of the munchies, ate a piece of cake, chowed on a can of baby puffs, about 100 calories
7:30 pm - two bowls of broccoli cheese soup, two little pieces of lemon poppy seed cake and about two big scoops of ice cream,
10:00 pm - one fat free vanilla pudding

End Post #41, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOooooh just lovely... I am really diggin the polka dots, nicely done! And holy monkeys, when I need to find a good movie, I am comin to your house!!

Sue said...

FAAAAAABULOUS! I like how the background design is one fluid piece with a lower opacity under the words, instead of two different elements. And it's so spunky and festive! Gets me thinking about summer.