Monday, March 16, 2009

I Was a Slug Today - Pooh

Sorry, kind of a boring post today, but you know, just trying to keep the habit going.

Time Log -

Okay, I was a TOTAL heathen last night. Stayed up until probably 2:30 am. Totally paid for it today, in loss of productivity. Monkeys.
7:30 am - Emma woke up, I gave her a bottle, she went back to sleep. I stayed up, and studied web programming some more.
9:00 am - Went back to bed. The older kids were up, so I let them be in charge. Emma was still asleep, so was Connor, who's always a slug in the morning.
10:00 am - Woken up by the sound of the garbage truck outside. Was our trash out?!! Yes, I ran and checked. Bless Zen for pulling our big trash can to the curb! I was a total heathen, and went back to bed.
11:05 am - Woke up, didn't have to look at the clock to know I was a lazy slug, so I made myself get up. Checked my email and the family blogs, and started my blog post for the day. Now, I'll throw on some exercise clothes, check in with the kids, and exercise at the rec center.
12:00 pm - finally left the house, went to the rec center. Elliptical for 30 min, level 5 6 & 7 resistance, crossramp 5, 2.33 miles, 353 calories, 3960 strides
12:55 back home - checked in with the kids, talked, ate breakfast, fed Emma & dressed her, I was a TOTAL slug, I watched some episodes of Supernatural. Having the whole season of a show on dvd is addicting, it's like a soap opera, it's hard to stop watching. Pretty much just watched my show, helped kids, and ate too muh food. Sigh...
4:25 pm - drove Gil to the movie theater to see a movie with his friends, realized I needed to hurry and pack some eBay orders to ship. Got that done in the nick of time before the post office closed at 5:00pm, walked in there at 4:59 pm. Yikes! Then I went to Smith's to get milk, came home put groceries away, helped kids. Connor is seriously developing into a pouter. He's developing a stereotypical middle-child syndrome of doing stuff to get some attention in a busy house-hold. He often smacks my arm to get my attention, or will even chuck a sipper at me, if he's not getting any response out of his Mom. Believe me, he gets in trouble for that, but I do kind of feel sorry for him. I know I don't respond fast enough sometimes because my head is in the clouds. He's mad at me today, because he got chewed out twice, but didn't get enough playtime from Mommie (because Mommie was a slug today), and says that I "fired" him, and this morning told me I "beat" him. Sigh... I definitely hurt his feelings. Poor guy. Anyway, after Smith's I also checked my email, updated my blog post, studied web programming some more.
6:30 pm - Gil called me to pick him up, I got distracted at my laptop, and he called me again, oops, we stopped & picked up slurpees, after we got home, I made dinner (easy nachos), put Emma in bed for the night at 7:30, we watched a movie I rented, City of Ember, it was okay, Emma woke up about half way through the movie, we picked up the tv room, me & Dani had a big blowup over something minor, boy do we need to go to bed, we read scriptures, and now I'm at the laptop
10:05 pm - finishing blog post, I think I'll just go to bed, and see if I can reset my brain for tomorrow. Some days just suck. I think it didn't help that I forgot my meds last night. I'm giggling right now, because that makes me sound crazy.

Okay, I know these blog posts are getting too long, but I've got to do a little intervention on myself for a few weeks, until I can get back into the groove of eating healthy. Summer is just around the corner, and there are too many cute summer clothes in a size 16, even 14, just waiting for me out there. I have to get ready. So, here's my food intake for the day. I'm not going so far as to measure and weigh things (as if I had all the time in the universe), but it gives me a good idea of the types of foods I'm eating and when -
11 to 1 pm - about 24 oz. water
1 pm to 3 pm - bowl of Strawberry Awake cereal (generic Total w/dried strawberries) w/2% milk (1% all gone), then two dinner roll sandwiches (1 thin-slice ham & 1 provolone slice cheese, Miracle Whip), 5 E.T. Munchies cookies, shared a fat-free pudding w/Emma, 1 apple (yep, I pigged out)
(totally ate about 1/3 box oatmeal choc chip ice cream last night, soooo good, and I almost bought another box at Smith's today, but I resisted)
7:30 pm - regular plate of nachos (tortilla chips, turkey chili, cojack cheese), 12 oz. slurpee, about four or five chips of Dani's left over
10:00 pm - planning on drinking lots of water before bed.

End Post #34, 2009

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, pharmaceuticals help :-)[although I never was, maybe I should have been at different times in my life]Cutting out slug days will too. I found over time that one of the very nice things I could do for myself was get to bed at a reasonable hour. When I was working at the hospital, I tried to be in bed by 9 PM - I just felt crappy the next day and was afraid I would forget to do something important for my patients if I didn't get those 7 hours of sleep.
Keep up your excellent blogging.

The Donnells said...

I like reading your daily log. I had thought about doing that too, but it would be something like this: Woke up, got ready, went to work, got home from work, fed the baby, bath baby, put baby to bed, go to bed. Not all that exciting. I also know about sucky days. Somedays it just feels like you can't make anyone happy. That is when it is time to go to bed and like you said reset for the next day.

Sue said...

Everyone needs a good slug day every once in awhile. I like to call them "Mental Health Days".