Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Has Started! Pine Cones Taste Good!

Hey, got some pics today!! It's been a little warmer each day for about a week. The high today was 63°. Can you believe it! The record high for this day was 65° in 2004. Does that mean we are in for a crazy hot summer? Man, we better get that back yard ready, at least with grass, and maybe with a platform deck for Connor's bikes. I better start raking up some of that gravel, and go get some grass seed. I have this idea for a fun little water play center for Connor. Better keep that in mind, too.

Reflection on my eBay store - Okay, reality check. I am probably not going to get I'm working just about as hard as I can. I could cut out these 1 hour naps I seem to be taking lately, and go to bed earlier so I can get up earlier, but I don't know what else to do to work harder. Besides, it's probably the same productivity if I just stay up late and work past the kids' bedtime and sleep in, or go to bed early and get up before the little ones do so I can start work earlier. I don't know. I was going to get stuff going, and sell, sell, sell, so I had extra play money for next week, but I won't have as much as I hoped. I'm just on a steep learning curve right now, updately my technology. And it has to be done, because I have probably over 200 items to list in my eBay store, and I can't go back and revise that many pages later if I just do a quickie solution right now. It's better to invest the time to learn how to do it right before I start programming that many items into my store. My plan for tomorrow - get my Relief Society lesson ready, and remodel my blog, using my new web programming knowledge. It will be a good prep for my eBay store. Plus, I bet I get some more pictures up tomorrow!

Time Log -

6:55 - alarm went off, lay around in bed, got up at 7:45 am, got dressed for exercise
8:15 to 8:45 am - exercise, Gazelle 30 min., resist. #2
8:45 am - dress kids, feed Emma, shower & dress, do laundry, wash dishes, get on the computer, eat breakfast, look up capris at Walmart.com, studying
11:45 am - Emma down for a nap, back to studying, Emma wouldn't nap, so she got up and played.
1:10 pm - put Emma down for a nap again, this time she slept
1:30 pm - tired again, lay down on the couch for a nap
2:45 pm - got up, back on the computer, I finally finished studying the basics of HTML, XHTML, and CSS, took the online quizzes, and have a grasp on how to proceed, so now I can start the actual programming.
3:30 pm - about this time, Dani was home, she was hanging out in the front of the house, so I suggested she take baby outside, then Connor went out, then I followed to take pictures of Emma's first time playing outside this spring. Here are the pics:

See, the snow has finally melted away. There is only a tiny little patch of ice next to the garage.

Emma was so excited to be outside!

I can see it now, he'll just be dying to roam the neighborhood all summer. I've got to get that extra deck built, so he's got a big, fenced-in space to ride.


Yahoo!

Dani took this pic. Kids have such good instincts when it comes to photography and art. They can really think outside the box.

See, Momma, here I go!

Headin' down the highway, lookin' for adventure!

Yep, no more army crawling. She's a hands and knees girl now.

Emma stopped and spotted a pine cone.

She gnawed on it with enthusiasm!

"Now which one do I want to eat - the phone, the pine cone, or my binky?"

This is Connor's favorite kitty, in front of our neighbor's house, which he calls "Connor's house." Go figure. He loves to pet and kiss the kitty, surprising for such a rough-and-tumble kid.

4:30 pm - after finally managing to get Connor back in the house, I was back on the computer studying various blogs, trying to understand the code.
6:30 pm - threw the hamburgers on the grill, ran to Smith's for Gil's snacks (he invited the teenagers over again), took Connor with me, who had an unholy monkey because I wouldn't buy the round Tostitos chips (they cost twice as much), man shopping with kids sucks sometimes
7:05 pm - back home, making dinner, helping Connor, checking in on all the teenagers now and then, and studying blog code from various blogs, downloading the FTP program for putting files on my website, getting the bare minimum up on my website, just so I officially have a place to start storing my own files, in prep for remodeling my blog tomorrow, and getting new items into my eBay store. The real programming of my website is a project that ultimately will have to wait for the eBay sales and store to be underway. It's a lower priority right now. At midnight I realized I wasn't going to be able to remodel my blog, that will have to wait for tomorrow, so I got my post done.
1:00 am - post to my blog, go get some icecream and watch an episode of Supernatural, because darn it, I deserve it! I'm finally making some progress.

Food Log -
water with exercising, about 16 oz.
10 or 10:30 am - Malt O' Meal, ¼ cup dry cooked w/4x water, frozen strawberries
added to the cooking, a few handfuls of choc Teddy Grahams
12:15 pm - about 1½ cups leftover chicken cesear salad from last night, also ate about ½ cup of frog-eye fruit salad, shared a vanilla pudding (fat free) with Emma
7:00 pm - two grilled hamburgers, about two handfuls of chips, two cans soda pop, ate two Hersheys kisses

End Post #38, 2009

1 comment:

Sue said...

OK, I've been a total comment slacker the last couple of days. I read every morning (still the first thing I check after my email) but I keep saying, "I'll come back and comment a little later" and then I never do.

We've had snow melting and warm weather here all week, too, and I'm jonesing for spring SO bad! Yesterday we spent almost an hour and a half at the park. The day before we went to the park and the girls got wet up to their armpits jumping in the mud puddles. I was so mad that I didn't bring my camera.

It's supposed to turn cold and start snowing again tomorrow. Blast!

I love that pic Dani took. It shows off Emma's eyes so well. Girl has skills!