Saturday, March 28, 2009

Girls' Weekend Part Dos

Hold on to your britches, girls, because I've got 20, yes 20, pics in this post!

Well, Katy and Chris were up at 7 with Sedona, I kept my eyes closed, and dosed on and off, and finally got up at 8:40 am. Chris and Katy made breakfast - pancakes and scrambled eggs:


I got a kick out of watching Sedona. She's an independent little girl, and also kept avoiding the camera. I kept trying to catch her, and she'd turn away from me:



The dogs were funny, pacing around the kitchen, desparately waiting for scraps. I love goofy pics, and goofy pet pics don't disappoint:

"I'm getting tired waiting for scraps. This bites!!!"

After breakfast, it was time to get dressed and get going. I took a shower in the "surround" shower in Jenn's bathroom. I'll take a pic tomorrow, if I remember to. Then, it was get dressed, and everyone worked on projects for a little while. Mom showed up, and we all decided to get our shopping errands done. But first, I finished my blog post for Friday. It took longer than expected, of course. Then we went to Pebbles a little after noon. I picked up cardstock for Sue, using the "honey-do" list she emailed to me. I was going to take pics of us perusing the aisles of gorgeous paper and embellishements, but of course, I forgot. I did take a few pics of mini albums to inspire me for the mother's day mini-albums I want to make for a Relief Society project:








Then it was off to Robert's, drooling over beads, and picking up some more paper for Sue:



Then, I had another Dad moment, admiring the Wasatch Mountains, and took pictures in the middle of traffic:



Then, lastly I stopped off at Wal-Mart. Jenn's Wal-Mart is shockingly clean, staffed with helpful people, and I didn't even have to wait in line for 20 min. I felt like I was in America, instead of Communist Russia. Amazing:



Back to Jenn's by 3:30. Got to work helping Mom fix one of her favorite necklaces, making two sets of earrings, and converting another:



There's a neat story with this bracelet. It's made from the handles of two silver spoons, which were Aunt Sneath's, I think. Mom, you fill in the story in the comment section.

We also sang happy birthday to Katie:



Sedona had a blast crawling around, digging in new things:

She saw me coming with the camera, and turned away. But it was like wildlife photography - I just waited for my chance, and sooner or later, she turned around and I caught her! Ha, ha, I win!

Jenn, I think, pointed out that Sedona was going to town on my ribbon stash. I had a moment of panic, then I thought, "Oh, why not? It will make a cute pic." But, a few minutes later, when I went back to take a pic, I found it all cleaned up by Chris, which was a good mom thing to do, but bad for the blog.

And Liz picked up a bunch of ribbon out of my stash:

See, bringing all this stuff wasn't totally useless.
Then, everyone except for me Mom, and Jenn, left around 8 pm. Mom stayed and ate dinner while we watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding. The, Mom was gone too and it was just me and Jenn. We sat, doing our craft thing, me fixing Emma's binky clip and Jenn scrapbooking, while we watched The Wedding Date, and started Spanglish. Then, Jenn went to bed, and I got busy on my blog post. Here's the page I helped Jenn finish, by designing and cutting the flowers on my Pazzles Inpsiration diecutting machine:



Now, at 2am, I'm done, and going to bed. See you tomorrow!
Food Log -
9:30 am - a little scrambled eggs, a bowl of fresh strawberries
6:30 pm - a barbeque chicken sandwich, some artichoke dip and chips, some veggies and ranch, orange juice, apple juice
10 pm - 2 Heath Klondike bars

End Post #46, 2009

1 comment:

Lois Ann said...

The silver spoon handles that you see as part of my bracelet were from my Grandmother Sneath, Lois Rebecca McGregor Sneath, our Gram's mother. I will put a little more about her in my own blog...
It took me a few minutes to remember what the white house is in your photo collection for today - it is Pebbles scrapbooking store, isn't it?