Sunday, March 1, 2009

Time Log Conclusions

Wow, what is it about 10:30 pm, that I find myself blogging at the end of a long day? I keep telling myself to hurry up and write a post already, can't I go just a little bit faster? Can I write a post in 15 minutes or less? I kept a pretty good time log this week, mostly accurate, and I've come to a few conclusions:

1. Laundry SUCKS!!!
2. Laundry SUCKS!!!
3. Laundry... oops, I got a little worked up. There better not be laundry in the eternities, or dirty bathrooms, for that matter.
4. Housework takes too much time.
5. I accumulate too many projects. I can invent ten minutes of projects, for every minute I can actually spend on them. That's what the problem is in my craftroom. Must do an intervention on myself more often.
6. I definitely worked harder when I knew I had to write down what I did for everyone to see. Less goofing off. It's like the diet journal principle - you are less likely to eat the WHOLE chocolate cake, if you know you have be accountable for what you eat. So, while my blog posts might be a little boring, making everyone read about all the mundane things I do everyday, I'm going to keep it up a little while longer, to see if I can kick myself in the rear, and get rid of this stuff in my craftroom already.

Time Log - (very generalized)
6:50 am - woke up, got ready for church, attempted to work on dog blanket for Project Linus (hey, I figure I can do craft projects on Sunday if they are part of a service project), then Zen reminded me how late I am all the time, so I fed Emma, packed the church bag, dressed her, put on my stockings, photographed the finished woobie, and we all got out the door, just as late as usual (sat down in sacrament meeting at about 9:04). There's always a spot right up front for us, don't you know.
12:15 pm - home from church, I cooked sloppy joes for lunch, made some oatmeal cookies with peanut butter chips & nuts, fed Emma
1:50 pm - aahhhh, the blessed Sunday nap, just about the best thing in my week every week.
4:05 pm - woke up, fed Emma, put her down for a nap
4:35 pm - choir practice
5:30 pm - alternate the rest of the night with finishing the dog blanket and refereeing kids, eat lots of cookies, dinner is emfh
8:30 pm - read scriptures with fam, sew a few more stars in the dog blanket, bathe Emma, put her to bed, get Connor ready for bed, do a little picking up upstairs
10:20 pm - check email (gotta answer some fam email tomorrow), and write blog post
11:00 pm - go to bed

End Post #19, 2009

1 comment:

Sue said...

I've been keeping a time log all week, you've inspired me.

My conclusions are that I spend WAY too much time on facebook and reading blogs, and that washing dishes by hand is overly time consuming.