Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Craftroom Fantasy & Brothers Are Boogers

Whoa, starting this one super, super late, 1:30 am, so might have to cut to the chase, if I'm capable. Besides, I can't remember half the little things I did today.

8 am - or so, woke up, gave Emma her bottle, checked my email to see if anyone had seen my new blog design. Yeay! You're so awesome, chicks! "You like me, you really, really like me!" Thought I would go back to sleep, but of course, the kids needed me, so I abandoned that idea. Let's see, I spent the morning mostly taking care of the kids, but I started cleaning my craftroom because it had reached critical mass:

Yep, I had just about every square inch in the room covered. I took this pic AFTER I had picked up all the diecutting scraps off the floor. That's why there's even a little patch of carpet showing. There's usually just this little pathway for people to get to the laundry room to get their clean clothes, because I hardly ever get around to folding them. Laundry is my favorite.

The sad thing is, this is the CLEAN version of my craftroom. But now I can work in here. I might make some cards tomorrow, if I have the energy. Speaking of which, I'm only bringing 1/10th of my craftroom with me (as opposed to the 1/20th I was going to bring, Sue, ha, ha), because as I was cleaning, I found so many odds and ends that I can't really sell, so I have this idea of bringing a "Cardmaking Challenge" pile of stuff with me, and you can totally dig through my stuff and make some cute cards. I know I'm dying to.

Here's my fantasy craftroom:


This stuff is by a company called Scrap N Cube. I love their stuff: simple, yet beautiful wood stacking cubes. Of course, it costs a small fortune, but a girl can dream. Is there such a thing as craft fairies? I have this idea of making my own wood cubes, because there is a lot of vertical space in my craftroom I'd like to take advantage of, but I don't know if I'm going to have the time.

Emma fell asleep on the floor in the tv room, sometime between 11 and 11:30, fussing for a while (I'm coming baby, I'm coming, just a minute), and suddenly she was quiet. I found her on the floor, holding her snuggle blankie and sucking away on her binky, so I put her in her crib. Then I made lunch for Connor:

Connor likes to dip his grilled cheese in the tomato soup AND the applesauce. Mmm...
12:30 pm - exercised on my Gazelle, 30 min., resistance #2, oops forgot to do my ab exercises. Must remember to do those tomorrow. Emma woke up after I started. She kept wanting to climb on the equipment, so I put her upstairs with Connor. That was a mistake. This is what Connor did:

Little booger took his sipper and shook milk all over her head, and then it dried like that. Poor crusty Foo. "Why did you do that?" "Because it's fun." "That's not nice." "But it's fun." "It's not fun for baby." "Yes it is, it's fun!" Yesterday when I picked her up from her nap, there was a toy car stuffed down the back of her shirt. Guess who did that?

This is the face he makes when he does something he knows he shouldn't, but he thinks it's fun anyway. Here, he's trying to hide his grilled cheese sandwhich, because he's not supposed to be eating in the tv room.

I showered and dressed, checked email, made some cookies (peanut butter which peanut butter-flavored chips, Gil's favorite) for Dani and Gil, as a bribe. I was totally going to nap when they got home from school. I cleaned some more in my craftroom, did laundry, got an eBay order ready to mail, went to the post office. I didn't take a nap until 5:30. Then, I woke up at 7:05, and rushed Dani off to ice-skating practice, came home, helped Emma and Connor, cooked some pasta, then Gil came home, I picked up Dani & took her home. I made it to my ice-skating practice by 8:30. Regular lessons are over, but we are both doing the ice show this year, and these were the practices for that. The theme is "Things That Fly." I've got to make Dani and eagle costume. Darn it! I don't even know how to do that. Crud. Mine is balloons, and we are just supposed to dress all in one color, which will probably be black. Simple. Practice was fun. We tried to learn how to moon walk in ice skates. Sorry, guys, I'm a white girl, with no dance skills on my own two feet, let alone on skates. But it will still be fun. Came home by 9:30, got the kids ready for bed. On the computer by 10:30, dinking around with my blog graphics. I made a few subtle changes. Then I finished cleaning my craftroom, and wrote my blog post. Wah-lah! Good night, see you in the morning - sign-off at 2:30 am

Food Log -
16 oz. water with exercising
1:30 pm - 1 grilled cheese sandwich, a bowl of tomato soup, and applesauce, which I shared with Emma. Had a piece of lemon poppy seed cake and vanilla ice cream, also shared with Emma. Moochie girl.
3:00 pm - about 3 or 4 1½" peanut butter cookies, I think I had milk
5:30 pm - another couple of cookies
9:30 pm - bowl of pasta with spaghetti meat sauce, 6 or so cookies, big glass of milk

End Post #42, 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes... lovely new layout:-)

I am assumming those cookies from yesterday are the sugar free ones, you know - when you break them in half, all the calories fall out. LOL