Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dude, I Totally Wanted to Be a Slacker Today But I Resisted

went to bed about 2am
6:50 am - Emma woke up cranky, I gave her a bottle and she went back to sleep, thank goodness. I couldn't resist checking my email to see if anyone had posted comments on my blog, and then I was cleaning out my inbox
7:30 am - went back to bed, my body does this thing where if it's behind on sleep my nose is itchy and runny, so while I knew I'd have a hard time falling back asleep (I have some serious insomnia issues sometimes), I lay in bed for a while to get some more sleep, I eventually fell asleep, don't know when
9:30 am - woke up when I heard Emma in the baby monitor, lay there a while, went to my computer, can't remember what I was doing, but then I did some laundry, and got dressed to go to the rec center. Went upstairs to check in with the kids, got Emma out of the tub and dried her off (she had a poopy diaper and the kids put her in the tub), dressed her, fed her, the kids were dining on chocolate cake and soda pop for breakfast, because all the junkfood was still out on the counter from Gil's party last night, where's the responsible adult in the house?!! I refused to fill Connor's sipper with rootbeer, and gave him milk instead, then ignored his temper tantrum as I ran off to the rec center to exercise
11 am to 11:30 am - weighed myself in the locker room at the rec center before I started exercising, I'm even more horrified at what I see. I think I just gotta quit eating after 6pm, and make nighttime my smallest meal. I did the elliptical, 30 min., 2.25 miles, 340.5 calories, 3825 strides, resistance #6. I feel great exercising, could probably push myself some more. My heart and lungs are doing pretty great. My muscles give out before they do. I hope my heart health is good. Anyway, I ran home, kissed Emma (there are just not enough baby kisses in a day), and showered/dressed as fast as I could.
12:05 pm - got back to the rec center for iceskating lessons. I'm just on the verge of passing from Beta level into Gamma level, where Dani is, and Larry, the adult class's awesome instructor, was kind of on the fence about where I should start when lessons start up again in the fall. The rink is closing in a few weeks, they don't keep it open in the summer, but I hear they are going to open it towards the end of August. If I get my tail end in gear and practice at least a few times a week before lessons start up (the rink is usually open a month before lessons start), I might sign up for Gamma in the fall.
1:00 pm - back home, and as we pull up, Connor is outside in his jammies and soggy pullup, standing there while one of our neighbors puts his shoes on. What the?!!!! I'm just rolling my eyes, and make some comment to the lady about how putting his older brother in charge obviously wasn't working (I'm a good parent, really, I did NOT leave a three-year-old home by himself!) Man, I can just see it, this summer is going to be difficult. Connor is just going to take off whenever he feels like it. Ughh, another Dani situation. Gonna have to install padlocks or something on the inside of the doors, because he's smart enough to get a stool and undo a deadbolt. Maybe get one of those prison house-arrest ankle bracelets? Do those come sized for toddlers? Anyway, I went in the house, Gil's playing computer and has no idea his little brother was outside, Emma is asleep, I chew out Gil, and help Connor get dressed. He went outside to play again and came back, saying something about how the lady told him no, he couldn't go in their house. Geez. He goes out to the backyard, gets a little gardening shovel, and heads back out to the front yard to dig in the dirt.
I ate lunch, which is really just a snack, switched the laundry, sat down at my computer, and got sidetracked by ads for acai berries and colon cleansers. I'm intrigued, but not excited about buying just any garbage off the internet. Seems like either a waste of money, or a recipe for a trip to the emergency room.
Dani got baby dressed in her swimsuit, and I got Connor dressed. They played in the front yard in the hose, and before I really got up from my computer to take pics, they were all cold and came inside.
2:45 pm - writing my blog post now, I really, really want to go back to bed and watch Supernatural episodes and be lazy, but I've got this lesson tomorrow, and I don't want to be up until 2am freaking out because I'm not ready.
3:15 pm - caught up on my blog post for the day, start prepping Relief Society lesson for tomorrow, little interruptions here and there, Zen came home (YEAY!), read through the talk again, thinking about how to present it, decide to make these little mini scrapbooks, super super simple, just diecut mini book cover & inside pages, staple them together. Spent a long time picking out pics to put in it with the theme of "What I'm grateful for, things I love."
8:00 - finally ordered the pics online. WHAT IN THE UNHOLY MONKEYS HAPPENED TO MY TIME???!!!!!! NO way did I spend 4½ hours doing pics! I started digital scrapbooking them, and it got simpler and simpler until I just did plain reprints. I only had EIGHT 8 EIGHT 8 yes, just 8, prints ordered by 8 pm (2 3" pics on each print for a total of 16 pics), but still, 4½ hours? Good grief! Here's what I started with:

Pics I took today of Foofie-Loo, who was seriously cute in her bathing suit and totally begging for bites of my chocolate cake. She is the biggest puppy-dog-face food moocher. Completely irresistable.

Anyway, back to the log. I started dinner at 8, fish sticks & tator tots, totally gourmet at our house tonight, watched some tv with Zen
8:45 pm - went to Wal-Mart to pick up my pics. But they quit printing at 8pm!!!! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!! There went my 4½ hours of work, because I'm a dork. I wanted to cry, but I rallied and started formulating a plan B, because there just isn't time to be mopey. Pres. Monson's talk is about coping with change, anyway. So, I stick with my diecutting concept, but instead of telling everyone to stick in pictures, I'll just hand out pens, and we'll all write down things we love and appreciate. Simple. I got Foofie in bed about 9:15, 9:30, then turned the other kids over to Zen (Gil was at a stake dance, so it was just Dani & Connor), and I went downstairs to go back to work on my lesson. I printed it out, marking which parts to read, which parts to have others read, etc., then I got to work diecutting. Dani joined me, and sat at my laptop looking at pictures. There are some great ones, just waiting to be printed, blogged, or both. So many good times! Can't even start writing about it, got too much to do.
12:45 am - So, now I'm sitting here, finishing my post for the day, then I'll go upstairs and make a poppy seed cake, get a bowl of ice cream, and watch Supernatural while I staple more mini albums together. Guten Abend (good night)!

Food Log -
water for exercising, 16 to 24 oz.
1:30 pm - tortilla chips and salsa, have no idea how much, somewhere around ¼ to 1/3 of a bag, had a chocolate (but fat free) pudding, most of a piece of choc cake sans icing
9:00 pm - plate of fish sticks (8 to 10) and tator tots (20?), can of red creme soda pop
1:00 am - ate a bowl of ice cream, two fish sticks, five tator tots, & a mozz. cheese stick

Post #39, 2009

No comments: