Friday, March 6, 2009

Aida

Technically, it's 3:45 in the morning, but let's just call this Friday's post. Foofie-Loo kept me up off and on last night, we probably slept half the time on the couch, holding her upright, as I suspected she might have an ear infection.

7:30 am - pulled myself out of bed when Emma woke up, did this and that, reworked my 2009 calendar of Zen's work schedule, started some laundry. In the summer, he has May 28 to June 3 off, June 18-24 off, July 9-15 off, July 30-August 5 off, and August 20-26 off. I forget now how that works with the proposed Cox Family Reunion, but I suspect Zen might be out of luck for that. Oh, well. I plotted it out, and at least he has Christmas off.
9 am to 9:35 am - looked at my jewelry-making library books, most of them are too advanced, I think I'm only going to be into beading, instead of serious metal-work
9:35 am to 10:10 am - tried to exercise, but had a few kid interruptions. Plus, my right heel has been killing me for weeks, with sharp little pains on the right side that are mild to severe, depending how much I'm on my feet on any given day. I've strained some kind of tendon or ligament, I'm sure, but I've been working through the pain. I need to wear my best-cushioned shoes and lay off the exercise for a few weeks, and I'm sure it will feel better. But I can't stand the thought of going that long without exercise. I think I'll switch to swimming for a few weeks, but that means getting my crack out of bed at 5:30am every morning, so I can go do laps without having to worry about getting a babysitter every day. But, obviously I've been too lazy to pull myself out of bed that early. Sigh... So the pain goes on.
10:10 am to 11:05 am - feed Emma, switch laundry, start blog post for the day, so I don't have so much to write at the end of the day
11:05 am to 11:50 am - online at amazon.com, ordering replacement power cord for my laptop, and looking at beading/jewelry books - luscious!
11:50 am - shower, dress, start organizing bead stuff, get ready for baby's dr. appt (suspected ear infection),
12:55 pm - grab Emma, who is still asleep after her nap, race out the door to dr's appt. (I will never be on time), it turns out she does not have ear infection, she was just cranky last night from having to breath out of her mouth, it kept waking her up, I thought of using the nose sucker (bulb syringe) last night, but I was too lazy for some reason, oh well. Ran into Jeannie Richey at the dr's office, and she said she was heading out of town this afternoon for Denver, and wondered if I had the other fleece blankets ready to tie, so she could work on them in the car. I told her to call me before she left town, then went home and got to work. I'd planned on doing them today, but that kind of lit a fire under my butt.
2 pm - I got two of them done by about 3 to 3:15, when Jeannie came by, then finished the rest by about 4:45. Whew!!

4:45 pm to 7:25 pm - Went to Home Depot to look at tool boxes. I grew out of my jewelry tool box already. Then on to Wal-Mart, and looked at more storage containers for my new hobby. Still not satisfied, will look more tomorrow. I cooked dinner (spaghetti, salad, garlic bread), then Zen and I went to see Aida up at the community college. It was really, really good, especially considering it was a college production. The set and costumes were great, and the performances weren't bad either. I might go see the matinee tomorrow at 2pm.
Gil went too, his fourth time, with one of his best friends, Ty Rawson. Of course, they sat far away. I have this inappropriate, slightly sadistic fantasy of sitting behind Gil at the movie theater sometime, and making out with Zen like a pair of crass teenagers, just to embarrass my teenage son. That's too much PDA (public displays of affection) for me, but it's still funny to think about.
10:30 pm - back home, Dani babysat for us, like a real trooper, I'll have to reward her with something. Hmmm... Put Emma to bed (hope she really sleeps in tomorrow), then sat down and played beading. Finally!
See my loot? I have many projects to make!
My prizes from String Beads in Salt Lake. What secret projects could I be making? Hmmm...
My first original binky clip. See the lobster clasp? This means I can make a gazillion interchangable binky chains for this one clip. I spent forever deciding on the colors, and it turned out kind of plain, but forward ho! I will make some more tomorrow, and maybe a little bling for myself.

3:05 am - quit playing beading, write post, then go to bed at 3:45 am. Yikes! I'm totally sleeping in tomorrow, if I can.

End Post #24, 2009

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep up the great, detailed posts. I have been thinking of doing some beading too, but not nearly on your scale of equipment.

Sue said...

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one up at 3:00 in the morning writing a blog post!

Totally diggin' the binky clip!

Sue said...

Oh, and I cackled right out loud about the idea of making out behind your teenager at the movie theater!

Sue said...

Reminds me of the time Lori Gerlach came to Monterey for the summer and we went out to eat at Sizzler. Lori and I were checking out the waiter and Dad goes, "My daughter thinks you're cute." Will someone please pull the lever to the trap door?