Sunday, March 22, 2009

Honey, You're Still 25 to Me

Under Construction - "This is a temporary blog post. I'll be messing around with my blog, trying to get it to look and do exactly what I want it to do." That's how today's blog post started out. Did I get to that? No, I did not. Pooh. But thanks Katy, for being excited about it. I'll start on it tomorrow. I hope it will be fabulous, and worth the wait. It's 11:30 pm, and I am just now getting back to my blog post, so needless to say, I'm finishing today's happenings, and going to bed.

Time Log -
3am - went to bed (I'm a naughty bird! Watched too much Supernatural)
7:00 am - woke up to get ready for church, put another cake in the oven, talked with Zen, he laid hints that today was a special day, and at first I thought he was talking about the Draper temple dedication, and then it hit me - it's his birthday today. I sung happy birthday to him, and I thought - WE ARE THE BIGGEST SLACKERS, WE TOTALLY FORGOT HIS BIRTHDAY! AAARRGGHHH!!! I whisper this to the kids as we get ready for church. He's thirty-nine today, but he stills looks 25 to me.
7:50 am - in the shower, get myself & the rest of my lesson ready, cooked the rice for lunch/dinner later
9:10 am - in the pew at church (there's always a seat up front, how nice), barely made it for the sacrament, ran out later to get stuff from the house for my lesson, gave my lesson, it went well, time passed quickly, handed out my mini scrapbooks, and did this show-and-tell allegory with cake mix ingredients, and gave them all slices of lemon poppy-seed bundt cake that I cooked that morning. It was the first time I had a little fun teaching a lesson, it wasn't completely terrifying. And it was spiritual, too, believe it or not.
12:10 pm - home from church, made chicken fried rice, very yummy, one of my favorites. Then I totally vegged in my room with Supernatural, and a monkey-load of food.
3:30 pm - Zen, Dani, and Gil left to attend the broadcast of the Draper Temple dedication. I went upstairs to watch after Connor and Emma. Just hung out with them. Connor and I iced the bundt cake for Zen. He kept begging to eat it, and I kept reminding him that we had to wait for Daddy to get back because it was his birthday cake.
6:20 pm - They all finally came home, and put candles on the cake, and we sang happy birthday to him:

Load the candles

Light them

Yummy lemon poppy-seed bundt cake!

Blow out the candles. I'm always a fan of the goofy pictures.

Not having any cards or presents, because we are slackers, I got the forgotten valentine's day cards out of my nightstand (yep, still sealed in the envelopes), and we opened them for his birthday. Here's the one for Zen:

Front
Inside left.
Inside right.
Awww... I prefer the funny cards over the mushy cards any day.

This one was to me. Zen reminded me that I'm the "monkey" girl, thus the extra significance of the card -


"Happy Valentine's Day from your Love Monkey" Zen read this out loud, and Gil goes, "GROSS!! Stop it, that's just gross!!!" I felt proud, we grossed out our teenager, it was a successful parenting moment.
The back of the card makes me laugh, too. A little extra suggestiveness puts the icing on the cake, so to speak.

And on another topic, here's Foofie:

My Moochie Girl. Her eyes practically bug out of her head when she sees someone with food, then she scoots on over for a bite.

"Just stuff it in, Daddy!"

During the birthday celebrations, there was a phone call. It showed up as the 2nd Counselor in the bishopric's name on the caller id, and it reminded me that I forgot/procrastinated doing my Friends of Scouting route, so I let the phone go to voicemail, and as soon as everyone was happily settled eating cake, I went downstairs, made the phonecalls, then went out to collect donations.
8:30 pm - back home, start getting everyone ready for bed, picking up the tv room while they finished watching Disney's Tarzan, then we read scriptures.
10:00 pm - Connor decided to take a bath, which he desparately needed, so I indulged his playtime while I checked my email. Sold some stuff (Sue, I've got some more money for this weekend, about $100 more!), and even though it was naughty (no working on Sunday, remember?), I answered an email from the customer.
11:30 pm - do the blog post, because even though I know it means staying up late, I need to get it out of my "inbox" of things to do. I don't want to get behind, or I'll never catch up.
12:50 done with post, go to bed, definitely sleeping in tomorrow

Food Log -
1 pm - ate a bowl of chicken fried rice, two choc fat free puddings, a bowl of ice cream, a glass of orange juice
5 or 6 pm - snitched some more chicken fried rice out of the pan, 1 to 1½ cups, maybe
8:30 pm - probably had 3 or 4 pieces of bundt cake

End Post #40, 2009

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am on pins and needles... Waiting, waiting

Sue said...

OK, I'm gonna have to confiscate your Supernatural DVD's. You need more sleep!

Happy Birthday, Zen! Isn't it just Murphy's Law that the one time your forget the hubby's birthday, it's on a Sunday when you can't go out and do some last minute shopping?

Will you post a picture of what your little albums looked like from your RS lesson? I'm glad you had fun, and the object lessons are always popular! Keeps people awake during that last hour when everyone is jonesing for their Sunday afternoon nap.

Sue said...

Oh, and I love the Monkey card and the resulting revulsion from the teenager. Classic!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ZEN man! Becky, I must say that I love reading your posts, I check to see if you have posted something new everday!!! But I don't how you survive with out ever eating breakfast??? I found that even if I make up a quick shake with carnation instant breakfast I do so much better through out the day!! Love you and your crazy posts, don't stop!!!

Becky in Wyo said...

Yeah, I don't get breakfast at the usual hour, because I stay up late, and get up late, but you have to remember that I usually eat right after I work out. I get 3 meals a day, usually, with maybe a snack.