Monday, March 2, 2009

Finished Blankets & Woobies

Finished ladybug blanket & matching woobie. I totally want to keep them, they are so cute! I will have to do another one, but I think I will wait until I sell off this stuff in my craftroom, and I can buy the die to do rag quilts.
The finished dog blanket & matching woobie.
Detail of the machine quilting I did to tack the two pieces of flannel together. I don't put batting in the middle, but I do machine stitch something all over the blanket, so it won't shift into funky lumps over time.
Dog woobie
I loved the frog fabric, so decided to make a froggy woobie, just for fun. I made two, and I'm giving one to Luke, a little boy from my daycare who loves to fondle the tag on his favorite stuffed animal. He always brought his stuffed animal with him to daycare. First it was Snoopy, and when that tag fell off, he brought a froggy.

Time Log -
6:30 am - alarm went off, ignored it
7:10 am - dragged myself out of bed, stand in front of the mirror & pluck facial hair (tmi?), find exercise clothes & earphones for mp3
7:45 am to 8:15 am - exercise
8:15 am to 9:30 am - start cleaning downstairs bathroom, Emma woke up
9:30 am - home appraiser came to do an appraisal on our home for a refi, house was a total disaster, and he took pictures, aaarrgghh!, what was I thinking letting the house get so messed up this weekend, I knew he was coming, monkeys!
9:40 am - finish cleaning downstairs bathroom
10:00 am to 10:40 am - feed Emma, help her & Connor get dressed, help Connor look for toys
10:40 to 12:00 pm - wash a few dishes, start cleaning upstairs bathroom, start blog post, finish cleaning upstairs bathroom (resolve to make the older kids clean bathrooms with me on Saturdays), put Emma down for nap
12:00 to 12:45 pm - shower & dress, fix hair
12:45 to 5:35 pm - eat breakfast/lunch, start on woobies project, help Connor with various things, sew the dog fabric woobies, sew the froggie woobies, help Emma, play with Connor, talk to Dani and Gil, feed Emma, put her down for a nap at five pm
5:35 pm - go to Smith's for the hash browns for funeral potatoes, a dinner request by Gil
5:55 pm - pick Dani up for ice skating lessons, drop her off, back home, start dinner
6:20 pm - go to Smith's again for corn flakes, realize my wallet is missing, look all over the car, inquire in the store, go pick up Dani from skating, who was lolly-gagging, back home, look all around the house again, get a flashlight, look all around the outside of the house, look around the car again, finally found wallet under the middle seat of the car (WHEW!!!!!)
7:45 pm - put the topping on the potatoes, serve dinner, try to finish the last frog woobie, Emma mooched potatoes from under the table as I sat at my sewing machine, it was cute, should have taken pictures.
9:05 pm - finally finish woobie (moral of the story: anything done with kids takes three times as long), read scriptures with kids, get kids ready for bed, we all pick up tv room
10:20 pm - come downstairs to answer eBay email and finish blog post
11:20 pm - go to bed

End Post #20, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep goin', Girl! Check out my latest post at www.loisanncox.blogspot.com There should be a blogspot rule that if you read somebody's blog, you have to leave a comment. Or is there a "visitor counter" so you can know if anybody has visited you?

Love,
Your Mom

Sue said...

You clever girl! Amelia is looking at the pictures with me and totally groovin' on all the woobies. There are going to be some very happy military brats out there!