Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Emma is Almost There...

Just one more day 'til Girl's Weekend. Zen vetoed me taking Emma to Utah. He wants to take her to Star Valley this weekend, so she can see the grandparents, along with everyone else. I feel trepidation. Poor Foofie, at the mercy of non-anal, non-mommy-brained people. They better not teach her how to walk while I'm gone with my camera. Sigh...

Time Log -

7:15 am - Foofie woke up, so I got up with her. I decided to let Dani stay home from school, because she was coughing up a lung, and I figured she'd be better off here, getting some more sleep. I told her to go back to bed. I helped out Foofie, and turned on the computer. Emma headed for the bathroom door mirror first thing, so I took a pic. Just one of her little things she likes to do, giggle at herself in the mirror:



7:45 am - A little while later, Dani came upstairs and said she couldn't fall asleep, so I went back to bed. She could be the baby wrangler, and I'd get some more sleep (what's up with these late nights?)
10:15 am - got up, fed Emma, decided I'd get some stuff done before Foofie took her nap, then I'd exercise. So, I fixed one of Connor's drawers, and folded his and Emma's laundry. I folded towels, and did a load of my laundry. Then, I sat down at my clean sewing station in my craftroom (Yeay!) and did some mending.
12:30 pm - Foofie had been quiet for awhile while I was mending, and went upstairs to see what was going on. I found her asleep in the toy room with the door shut. Connor said he closed her in there because she was trying to eat his dice. Well, I'm glad he was watching out for her, but I wish he hadn't shut her up in a room.
12:50 pm - 30 min. Gazelle workout, resistance #2, then I did some stuff upstairs with the kids. Showered & dressed.
2:15 pm - went out grocery shopping at Smith's and Wal-Mart
3:15 pm - came home, put the food away, fed Emma, and took these pictures:



She's been letting go of things for days now, and standing without help for a few seconds. But today was the first day I saw her just stand there for 10 seconds in a row. She'll be walking within the month, for sure.


4:30 or so - then I ate lunch downstairs at my computer, watched an episode of Supernatural I downloaded from Amazon.
5 pm or so - really, really wanted to sleep, but I wanted to be useful, so kept going. Probably helped the kids some, changed Foofie's diaper, etc.
5:45 pm - went to my craftroom to make cards for visiting teaching
6:45 pm - went visiting teaching, took Connor with me again, because he begged. On the way out of the last house, he had the most unholy temper tantrum because he wanted to stay. He gets so stubborn sometimes. I had to carry him kicking and screaming out of the there, and he whimpered at home for the next 30 min or so. Booger! I told my partner, Katherine, to remind me of this the next time we went visiting teaching, so I wouldn't cave and take his little "but-I'll-be-good" puppy-dog-face self with me.
7:25 pm - back home, cooked dinner, fed Emma, etc.
8:25 pm - back to my laptop, started my blog post
9:15 pm - back up stairs to read scriptures with the family. It was total chaos. Connor was bouncing off the walls. Emma was screeching, not crying, but screeching at us because she'd cruise around the room, trying to rip at the pages of our scriptures, but we wouldn't let her. At points, we couldn't hear each other read out loud. Whew! It was over, so I put her jammies on, gave her a bottle, and put her in bed for the night. Back on my laptop to finish my blog post.
10:45 pm - finish cards I started earlier, and that led to organizing my ribbon, eyelets, and brads. Then it took me forever to decide on colors. Why do I craft? Here are the pics:

My cards. I'll bring them with me. They look better in person.

Sue, these are the mini-albums I made for my Relief Society lesson. They are about 3-1/8" square. I've got plenty left, I'll bring those, too.
12:50 am - tack on the last pics, and go to bed. Think I can go to bed by midnight tomorrow?

Food Log - boy, today proves why I still haven't lost my 10 holiday pounds, even though I exercise every day:
2 pm - 4 1½" peanut butter cookies
4 pm - bowl of broccoli potato bacon cheddar soup, about five to eight more cookies, a glass of milk
5 pm - a big piece of poppy seed cake & a glass of milk
7:30 pm - 2 to 4 more cookies
8:30 pm - two tacos with guacamole (yum!) and a serving-spoon size of red enchiladas
10 pm - about 8 to 10 dried apricots

I gotta quit baking.

End Post #43, 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I totaly know what you mean... I have been trying so hard to eat better. I have even had 1 or 2 junk food cleanses, you know... You go through the house with a garbage bag and throw away all of the junk. And still, bad stuff ends up in my mouth, what's the deal?