Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just a Time Log, Slow Day

Feel free to skip, mostly this is for me, kind of a challenge to see if I can keep doing it, even if it's not too detailed

Time Log -
**Note: I stayed up until 2am last night, because I'm a dork, so I slept in a little, until Emma woke up. Connor would sleep through the bombing of London, and doesn't usually get up until 9am.
8:00 am - woke up with Emma, got her a bottle & The Wonder Pets, and tried to doze off on the couch while she rotted her brain and played with toys on the coffee table, didn't really work, because she kept falling on her butt and fussing, so I got fed up and by 9am was up and around
9:00 am - fed Emma, dressed her, fed Connor after he got up, puttered around doing this and that, just don't remember, did check me email, but eventually I got around to cleaning off the kitchen/dining room table, which is the catch-all place in the house. I also cleaned up my sewing mess of the past week, folded all the leftovers, so I could tell what was left in prep for going to Salt Lake tomorrow
11:30 am - put Emma down for nap, got myself ready to exercise
12:00 pm to 12:30 pm - exercised on Gazelle
12:30 pm - helped Connor with this & that, showered & dressed
1:00 pm - Emma woke up, Connor & I ate lunch, I needed to find our 401K info for our refi, so I filed paperwork that had stacked up for months
2:50 pm - goofed off a little
3:15 pm - got an eBay package ready to mail
3:40 pm - Luke & his mom, Amy, stopped by to pick up a woobie, he wound up picking the dog woobie, instead of the frog woobie, now I have two frog woobies
4:00 pm - spent forever looking for these things I was going to take back to Radio Shack, finally gave up
4:40 pm - dropped package off at post office, went to Radio Shack to look for a replacement power adapter for my laptop, it was way too pricey, so I'll just get a generic one on Amazon for $25, went to the library, went to Wal-Mart, went to Smith's
6:15 pm - back home, we had tv dinner's and frozen entrees for dinner (some nights are like that, especially when Zen is gone, I feel less guilty)
7:00 pm - eating dinner, watching a movie, put Emma to bed at 7:30 pm, because she did not have a late afternoon nap, she woke up crying about an hour later, and I just held her and rocked her back to sleep, one of life's great pleasures is holding a baby and making them feel better, it's very satisfying, makes you feel useful
9:20 pm - read scriptures with kids, get Connor ready for bed
9:50 pm - write blog post, house was pretty clean yesterday, but is trashed again, will worry about it later, will finish movie & go to bed, so I won't be too tired tomorrow for the drive to Salt Lake in the morning

'Nite Guys!!

End Post #21, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right- there is hardly anything as satisfying as rocking a baby to sleep. Makes you feel almost indespensible, like you have satisfied your mission in life as a mom or grandma.

Sue said...

I love the feeling of dead weight when your baby molds to your shoulder. You know that nobody can be as cozy as the mama.