Friday, March 13, 2009

More Productive Today - Tomorrow, Here I Come!

Time Log -
Hey, Emma slept through the night. Hallelujah!
6:00 am - alarm went off, lazed around
6:30 am - finally got up, got dressed to work out, put the resistance up another slot, to #2, on my Gazelle, did 30 min.
7:20 am - done with workout, then I folded whites & socks, took a shower, got dressed, turned on computer upstairs, Emma got up, snuggled & fed her a bottle, checked my email, helped Connor get dressed, cooked my breakfast (Malt-o-Meal, trying to eat healthier), work on my website
9:40 am - stop, fold Emma's clothes, dress her, get us out the door
10:05 am - at my foot appointment. Doc says it's one of three things - a bruise, bursitis (inflammation of a fluid-filled sac), or strained ligaments/tendons. So, I'm supposed to take an inti-inflammatory and do stretches for the next two weeks, then see what happens.
Next, we went to Wal-Mart to pick up my prescription & groceries
11:55 am - back home, put away groceries, decided to make cookies, an epic cookie-making session ensued, made pumpkin choc chip cookies, & E.T. Munchies. Took pictures of baby's toes for a blog post.

Mmm.... I'm not going to tell you now many cookies I ate today. No wonder I can't get rid of those 10 lbs. I gained over the holidays. Yikes!

Emma's piggies and her lovely babyness deserve a post all their own, which I'm working on, but this will do for now.

2:45 pm - back on the computer to research my website
3:35 pm - remembered 3:30 appt to pick up my new "robotic" Z-Coil shoes, race over there and pick them up. See?! -
Funky, but still cool in a weird sort of way. And they are SHPROOOOINGY! It's called "energy return." My feet feel better already. I wear them all around the house, up and down the stairs a gazillion times.

4:15 pm - back home, help kids, get package ready to mail, go to post office, go to library
5:05 pm - back home, start water boiling for pasta, back on laptop downstairs, cook dinner (mini penne w/meat spaghetti sauce, garlic bread, salad), help kids clean up for Gil's party, feed Emma, eat dinner
7:20 pm - back downstairs, I researched website programming for the rest of the night, as well as monitoring Gil's movie party, and helping Connor & Emma
They did this fun thing where they muted the movie, and the boys took various characters in the movie, and made up their own dialog. It was kind of funny. We could attempt that at Girls' Weekend with some really cheesy movie that needs to be mocked (Weird Science, Sue?), kind of reminiscent of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (obscure reference.) Anyway, the girls just giggled and laughed at the boys. But listening to young teenage boys giggle is like listening to Beavis & Butthead. It's a laugh riot all its own.

I put Emma to bed around 10pm, then got Connor ready for bed, and let him watch a movie in Gil's room, and he crashed. After dinking around the help section at HostMonster, I finally emailed tech support, and they directed me to a website called www.w3schools.com. I feel like singing the Hallelujah Chorus! Aaah, relief, I can finally update my web skills in an easy-to-learn format. Now I can make some progress. I'm not as far along as I want to be, but I can feel in my gut this is going to be good.
11:57 pm - quitting for the night, going to indulge in an episode of Supernatural, then go to bed. Aahhhh...

End Post #31, 2009

2 comments:

Sue said...

Cookie, Cookie, Me Want Cookie! Those look so luscious! We went to Don and Lora's for dinner last night and she made these "Neiman Marcus" chocolate chip cookies with blended oats and they were muy yummy!

Yay, baby slept through the night. See how much you got done with a decent night's rest?

I wanna see a video clip of you shproinging in your groovy shoes.

I keep looking at the picture of Gil and his friends and thinking, "who is that guy between the couch and the chair? He's like 30 years old!" Glad you could be the "cool" house last night and host the teenagers!

The Donnells said...

So the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 reference is so funny, since we watched that just the other night. I love it, hilarious.