Sunday, March 29, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Riggity Jig

Time Log -

9:05 am - got a call from Mom, who was worried about the weather. I lay in bed, considering. It's no small joke to think about how bad the snow and wind will affect Wyoming roads. I finally got up, and checked the forecasts for Salt Lake and Rock Springs. It was just snow flurries, no big deal to me, but I decided I wanted to be home before dark, so I started packing up all my stuff. Showered and dressed for church. Jenn's shower is awesome. I couldn't get a very good pic, no matter where I stood, but you will just have to imagine being surrounded by three showerheads, if you wished to turn them all on:

I know Jenn bemoaned the irony of having cleaned all the rooms in the house, except for her bathroom, but it was okay. It's nice to go from a closet (the bathrooms in my house) to a real room, when showering & dressing. Thanks for sharing, Jenn!
I'd missed getting pics of Cole, who we laughed at a lot because he was so stinky, but cute besides. So, Jenn and I tried to get him to hold still for a pic, but he was feeling way too spazzy this morning:

I wish I could have gotten a pic of Jenn and all her pets, but maybe another time. Besides, it could be next to impossible to get 3 cats and 2 dogs to sit down all at once.
Anyway, finished dressing, and Jenn and I went to her sacrament meeting. Then, we left right afterwards, packed my car, and I headed out:
Bye, Jenn's house! Thanks for a wonderful stay!!!
Then, I headed over to Mom's to drop off her folding table, pillow, and blanket, which I borrowed because I forgot mine. Thanks!

On the way out of town, I ate one of the cupcakes Katie made, and after the first bite, this is what I found. It's a grand tradition to bake coins into a birthday cake, as well as one button. Does anyone want to tell the backstory behind that, in the comment section?

I couldn't resist taking more pictures through Echo Canyon. I just stuck my camera out the window and pushed the button while I drove. Mom, I know you're wincing just reading that. But I kept my eyes on the road for the most part, and let the camera do the work. I figured at least one of them would come out, and I was right.
4:10 pm - back home and I unloaded the van. Whew! Zen later asked me, "Is it too much to hope for that you unloaded your van already?" "Done, babe!" He was very relieved. He helped me load it in the first place, but he forgets that I work out everyday. I appreciate his help, but I'm tough enough to do things myself, if I need to. "Help me, or get out of my way" is generally the way to deal with me. I was glad to be home. It's nice to visit, but then it's always nice to be back in your own space. Zen and the kids got home around 5pm. I hugged Connor and Foofie-Loo. We were all glad to see each other. Foofie took a little while to warm up to me. What am I, chopped liver? Didn't you miss me? But it was still a good reunion. Connor snuggled up on his favorite chair and Sponge Bob on tv, Zen and Gil basked in the warm glow of World of War Craft (sarcasm deliberate), Dani watched Twilight for the zillionth time, and Foofie and I had our silly Mommy/baby talk time. I cleaned dishes and made dinner, chicken stir fry. Then, I got my laptop set up, and read family blogs, of which there wasn't much action. Hmmm...
9:00 pm or so - I went upstairs when Foofie got cranky, gave her a bath, and put her down for bed. I talked to Sue on the phone for a while, and then cracked the whip with everyone. I'd heard enough complaining, mostly from Gil, about how dirty the upstairs bathroom was, so I instructed him how to clean it. People who gripe about something they won't fix, don't get me started! Dani cleaned the kitchen completely, not very willingly, and Zen vacuumed. Then we read scriptures.
10:20 pm - work on blog posts
12:20 pm - to bed, to bed, lots to do tomorrow

Food Log -
1:15 pm - 3 Heath Klondike bars, 1 cupcake, 1/5 to 1/4 bag of Nacho Doritos, 1 16oz. Dr. Pepper
4:30 pm to 7 pm - 2 peanut butter cookies, about 12 cracked wheat crackers & about 1 cup pineapple cottage cheese (love that stuff!), popcorn (1 to 2 cups), and a bowl of chicken stir-fry w/white rice, crystal light to drink

End Post #47, 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh... just so you know... I spell my name... KATY... just thought you should know