Thursday, March 26, 2009

Say Your Prayers... I'm Saying Mine

I-80 was closed in spots today. I just checked, and they're open, and will probably stay open, but I'm nervous. The forecast says it will be sunny in the morning, so I think I'm good. There's a webcam on Wyoroad.info, which I'll check in the morning, too. I will try to go to bed tonight by midnight. It's 10:25 pm right now. Can I get to bed before midnight? I have just one pic to post, so maybe I've got a chance.

7:30 am or so - woke up, checked my email (I check for comments in the morning, just like you guys check for my posts.) Then I went back to bed.
8:45 am or so - got up, played with Emma, did laundry?
9:25 am - exercised, 30 min. Gazelle, resistance #2
9:55 am - seriously, I don't remember what I was doing when, for the next four hours, I know I wasn't goofing around, but it was stuff like doing laundry for the weekend trip, checking on this big project I have in mind for the future, which I'll be blogging about more later after I sell a bunch of stuff, checking email, having an online chat with technical support at eBay about html and css code for my eBay listing. Turns out I can't do much more than I'm doing now. I'll update my code, but I'm not allowed to do the really special things I was going to do. Monkeys!!! But I'll be able to implement the new code for my website, so it's still useful. And hey, I can now be a layout blog queen, if I wish, just like Matie Kay. I already have several backgrounds I want to post. Seriously, Chris, would you let me fix your blog time/date issues at Girls' Weekend? I bet I can!
3:15 pm - went shopping for hamburger to put in the spaghetti sauce I was taking to Enrichment. Also found mint cookie ice cream. This is way better than mint chocolate chip. What's my favorite flavor of ice cream? Is this a trick question? Honey, to one degree or another, they're ALL good! It's one of my weaknesses. That, and buffets, but more about that later.
4 pm or so - got home, took Gil to the mall to get his hair cut. Zen and Connor went in the morning. There's a particular lady they request all the time to do their hair. She does a good job. See:

I keep telling these people they need to be patient and give me good pictures, because they last forever. But do they listen? No!!!!! DEEP. B R E A T H. Heathens. They were just not in the mood. But their hair still looks good. There's some good genes floating around in Zen's and my gene pool, if I can biasedly brag for a minute.

Okay, I also did laundry, helped kids, etc.
5 pm or so - started dinner, tried to do some on my computer, but mostly cooked dinner and talked with everyone.
6:05 pm - went to the Relief Society Enrichment dinner social. I had fun, good conversation, laughing about this and that. I'm determined to do a Mother's Day mini-album with everyone. Will have to work up a sample this coming week, so I can show it on Sunday, April 5th, collect all orders by Sunday April 19th, and hopefully do it on Saturday, May 2nd. We'll see.
7:45 pm - came home briefly to drop off my leftover sauce, and grab what I need for skating ice show practice. I briefly debated whether I should go or not, because I have so much to do, but in the end, I decided to go.
8:05 pm - arrived at practice. I was glad I went. It was a good time. And I'm better at moon-walking now. I still move like a white girl, but you know, it's not bad, for me anyway.
9:00 pm - back home, Foofie is fussy in her crib. I'd washed her bedding, and it was still down in the laundry room. Zen didn't bother to put it on, he just threw a blanket down for her. Plus, she hadn't had a bath, and she was in a t-shirt, no pants and no jammies. Jeez, I have to leave her with these people for three days?! Poor baby. So, I fixed her bed, bathed her, put on her jammies, gave her a bottle, and put her back to bed. Then, I helped Connor with various issues, and got him ready for bed
10:25 pm - started my blog post, then read stories with Connor
11:15 pm - have to list a few items in my eBay store.
12:50 am - done with that, now I have to add Zen's baby instructions. I told him I'd put a note in her bag tomorrow, but he said, "Just put it on your blog. Then I know where to research it." Funny.

How to Take Care of Emma -
1. She poops 3 to 5 times a day, so you have to check her diaper frequently, especially after you feed her. Use diaper cream and baby powder as a preventative. Make sure her skin is dry before you put on the cream. Use a hair dryer on low setting to dry off her skin faster. Hold it at least 8 inches away from her skin, so it doesn't hurt her.
2. Feed her baby food three times a day. Her tummy wakes up 30 min to an hour after she wakes up. First thing in the morning, give her a bottle, then about an hour later after she plays a while, you can feed her jar food. I know she's a moocher, but it helps to give her baby food. It fills her tummy up. She's less thrilled with veggies and meal combo flavors, but if you heat them for about 20 seconds in the microwave and stir, she'll eat more of them. She often wants a bottle at night in her crib.
3. She loves her red snowflake snuggle blankie, especially for naps. Fuzzy monkey is a good friend, also.
4. Watch her on the stairs. Your Mom's stairs are especially narrow. It might be a good idea to block them off.
5. BINKY BINKY BINKY - you lose it, you will be sorry! Ditto on her blankie.
6. Oh, we left her fuzzy sheep feet slippers last time. Would you make sure they come back?
7. She naps anywhere between 11 and noon. It just depends on when she wakes up. I usually check her diaper, and put her in her crib with her binky, bottle, and red fuzzy blankie. She might nap again later, but as you saw the other night, this tends to make her cranky. See if you can string her along until 7:30 or 8:00 pm, then put her down for the night.
8. Play, play, play with her. She's going to miss me a lot, and you can make up for that by snuggling with her a lot.
9. If you teach her how to walk or something, take pictures, or you will pay!!! I'm giving you the spare camera, just in case.
10. GOOD LUCK!!! Love you!!!

1:05 am - done with blog post, go to bed, say prayer for me that I'll make it to Salt Lake tomorrow. Love you guys!!

Food Log -
9:30 am 16 oz. water with exercising
12 or 1 pm - half a peanut butter jelly sandwich, milk, a few peanut butter cookies
4 pm - ice cream, about two scoops
6:30 pm - two plates of pasta, salad, bread at the R.S. dinner, 1 piece of choc cake with whip cream frosting
9 pm - glass of Crystal Light

End Post #44, 2009

No comments: