Monday, March 30, 2009

Hungry Hungry Hippos

A new background for your viewing pleasure!

Katy, have I always been misspelling your name, or did I just have a brain cramp yesterday? I'm glad you got some scrapbooking done. Jenn, don't worry about Coal. He's a good dog, and gassiness is all part of the fun package. Ask Sue. It's just an excuse to tell our favorite kind of jokes.

Time Log -
8:15 am - wake up, get dressed to exercise, talk to Emma & Zen
8:50 am - exercise 20 min on Gazelle, reistance #2, I was running late, or I would have done more, showered & dressed
9:45 pm - arrived at podiatrist dr. appt for my foot, he gave me a steroid shot in my right heel, it feels so much better, but that's mostly the numbness for now.
10:30 pm - back home, fed Emma, then I ate breakfast, balanced my checkbook, did the bills, went through a big stack of mail, sorting things for the shredder, filed papers. Zen also had a dr appt. this morning, just general health stuff, and he volunteerd to take Connor. But he had to bribe him to get him out the door. He told Connor he would take him to Wal-Mart, and buy him Hungry, Hungry Hippos. Connor saw it on a commercial, and told us he wanted it. Now, I generally don't buy my kids candy or toys at the store, EVER, except for birthdays and Christmas, because I'm not plunking down a gazillion dollars everytime we go shopping. There has to be a clear pattern of non-spoiling, or the whining at the store increased exponentially. As if shopping with kids wasn't hard enough! So, Daddy was a pushover today, and bought Connor a toy. They had fun setting it up together:


If he wasn't feeding the hippos, he was trapping his blue Lightning McQueen. Once in a while, he would tell the hippos, "Don't eat Lightning, eat the food." Never mind that Lightning was Hippo lunch by his own decree.

1:20 pm - down on my computer, checking email, started my blog post for the day to get a head start
2:05 pm - after valiantly trying to stay awake, my eyes just kept drooping shut, and I gave up and took a nap. Zen is home until Thursday, so I have the luxury of doing that.
3:20 pm - kids came home from school, so I kicked myself out of bed and started prepping my eBay orders to ship
4:55 pm - ran to the post office
5:05 pm - came back, and started cooking dinner. Played Hungry, Hungry Hippos with Connor for the tenth time, at least. Zen told me the hippos tend to break easily. I have a feeling this game will break sooner rather than later, and may not entirely be Connor's fault. That's all I will say about that.
6:00 pm - doing my follow-up emailing for eBay orders, then started a Supernatural episode.
7:00 pm - eat dinner, then I drove Dani to ice show practice. Came back, and watched some more of Supernatural. Then I gave Emma a bath, and put her to bed.
8:25 pm - left to pick up Dani
8:45 pm - back home, and we read scriptures. Now I'm sitting at my computer bringing my post up to date.
9:25 pm - stop and read Connor a story.
9:40 pm - work on a new blog background, because it's fun.
12:25 am - done dinking around, I'll go to bed after I finish my Supernatural episode, about 10 min. At least I improved on my blog-post finish, which was done by about 10:20, for all intents and purposes.

Food Log -

10:40 am - bowl of Malt O' Meal cooked with frozen Strawberries, 1 stick of a Kit Kat bar, two bites of Hershey's Cookie white choc bar, 1/3 of cheese baby puffs (like rice puffs, almost no calories)
1 pm - about 12 cracked wheat crackers, about 1 cup pineapple lowfat cottage cheese, two scoops peppermint ice cream
5:50 pm - ate two plain lasagne noodles w/a big spoonful of filling on each
7:00 pm - one serving of lasagne, one piece garlic bread, one serving salad w/ranch dressing, one 12 oz. glass choc milk

End Post #49, 2009

2 comments:

Lois Ann said...

Unless I missed it, the WalMart run yesterday was by Zen, not you? Way to go! (A private joke from the weekend - how many runs to WalMart can Becky make in one day?)

I went into Google and changed my password yesterday to see if I can get my own photo to show up with a posting - so let's find out?

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of Connor and Zen, check out the hair doos, exactly the same, even the little cowlick in the back that sticks up... do you think that they are related???
By the way, ITS MY BIRTHDAY!