Monday, March 9, 2009

Trying to Getting My Act Together But Still Distracted

Well, I've been working on this time log theory for two weeks now. I don't know if it's become boring for anyone else, but if it has, you're out of luck!! Because, like a food journal, I have found it keeps me from messing around too much, and keeps me on track. I call Dani the Queen of Distractedness, but I think she might be just the Princess. I, too, have a way of getting distracted. Maybe I'm the Dowager Queen? But, la, la, la, I'm still pretending I'm twenty-something, so that makes me the Queen, or maybe I'll even revert back to Princess.

What I really want to get done today is get my website functional. I'm not saying it will be anything spectacular, just that it will have a home page, and I need to find out how to add scripts to my eBay listings, so I can start putting together the listings for all of this garbage in my craftroom that really, has spilled over into two other rooms. Aaargh!!

**Note - I probably didn't fall asleep until 12:30 or 1:00 am last night, another one of those can't-make-the-brain-shut-up times, plus the fact that I couldn't get comfortable because of my stuffy nose and sore throat, so I read a little, then finally fell asleep
7:45 am - woken up by Dani to sign a paper for school, so I rolled out of bed, and went to look at my blog and email. I hope we get a good turnout for Girls' Chick Flick Getaway! Also, I finished some inventorying, placed a small order with Notions Marketing, mostly the stuff they were out of stock of on my last order, so I have a complete color-line of ink pads to put in my eBay store.
~I'm really looking forward to selling stuff this week! Yippee! With so much more stuff cleared out, and at least the majority of things listed in my store, I can allow myself the luxury of building the modular shelving I REALLY want for my craftroom, and have a streamlined, efficient workspace, which will make me more productive, and allow me to make things for pleasure, as well as business.~
Back to the time log - I fed baby, got her ready for the day, helped Zen with a little paperwork
10:40 am - put baby down for nap, got distracted looking at Blue Moon beads, then started my blog post. Now I'll stop and get ready to go to the rec center to exercise.
11:45 am - get ready for the gym, go to the rec center, do the exercise bike for 30 min, do 7.71 miles, avg. 3.4 level difficulty (out of ten), 216 calories, and the inner part of my hip bones that rest of the edge of the bike seat are now killing me. I must get my crack out of bed early and go swimming!!
12:50 pm - on my way out of the gym, I saw this little advertisement for pain-relief orthopedic shoes called Z-Coil, and I think, "What the heck, I'll check it out on the way home," since it was close by. The dealer wasn't there, she just works out of a chiropractic office, but I take her card and go home.
1:20 pm - get home, Foofie is still asleep (remember, Zen was home), so I had some lunch, took a shower and got dressed. I called the Z-Coil lady, and made an appointment for 2:30, shredded some paper with Foofie, who woke up
2:25 pm - go to the appointment, she was a little late, but I'm the lateness queen, so no frets, she gave me various styles to try on, and it was instant pain relief, not 100%, but like around 80 to 85% I'd say, so even though it's a hefty price tag, around $200, and they look kind of funky, I'm going to invest in a pair. She has to order the one I want in a size 10, because I have ginormous feet, I usually wear about a 9-1/2 W, and they only come in whole# sizes, also because of where the pain is in my foot, she said it is likely I have a bone spur, and that I should consult a podiatrist. I am not older than 25, I tell you, NOT NOT NOT!!!! Sigh...
I ordered the brown ones, they really are less ugly, I SWEAR! Kind of a weird mix of comfy and futuristic robotic. You can see more at www.zcoil.com.
3:05 pm or so - head to Smith's to get some things for dinner, drop stuff off at library, go home
3:30 pm - Back home, talk to kids, snuggle Foofie, made an appointment with a Podiatrist for 10am this Friday, check email (by the way, great response on girls' weekend, YAHOO!!!!!)
4:15 pm - get packages ready to mail, stuck an extra funny surprise in Sue's binky package, maybe she will bring it to girls' weekend, go to post office
5:00 pm - back home, puttered around, I think, then started grilling the chicken for the egg rolls and to have extra cooked chicken breasts in the freezer for other meals, I fed Emma, while the chicken is grilling, I made the mistake of sitting down and working on a red bracelet "really quick". Stupid me. I opened my Pandora's box and it distracted me for the rest of the night, but I did make the egg rolls, not bad for a first try, pretty yummy, should have taken pictures, darn it! Connor had to get in on my beading action, and I gave him a set of fat beads to make "bead trains" on my bead board.
7:15 to 7:30 pm - served dinner, and that's when I noticed what Connor had been doing while I was distracted making egg rolls. He had taken four of the vials of tiny beads I'd told him repeatedly to leave alone, and dumped them all together on my bead board. Drat him!!
He looks so pleased, doesn't he? Remember the last bead mess he made? Stinker!
Funny thing - I nixed his creative bead play and started cleaning it up. He went in to his dad to rat me out, "Mom is messing up my rainbow beads!" You're darn right!
8:00 pm - Foofie in bed
But, hey, it wasn't that bad, at least we got it cleaned up in about an hour and a half, as opposed to the weeks we spent sorting Perler beads last time.
9:05 pm - I noticed it was bed time, so I stopped and we all read scriptures. Then I went back to my beads, and finished an "everyday" bracelet.
The top strand is how it came from the store, the bottom strand is the bracelet I made. Which do you like better? I want to make a matching necklace, but I'm undecided.
A neutral, everyday bracelet. I just love the silver and the crackle glass beads. I'll make the earrings tomorrow
10:30 pm - come downstairs to write blog post. Foofie joins me, because apparently, she thinks it was only nap time, and not bed time
11:35 pm - post this, then I will change her diaper, put her back in bed, then go to bed myself, you notice I did not get to my website today? Drat!!!

End Post #27, 2009

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, love to read your posts, so keep it up is OK with me :-)

Sue said...

Please don't stop the time logs! You've inspired me and I've been keeping a log for a week now. It's really helping me stay on task. And I love how you're posting everyday. It's the first thing I check in the morning (or at 3:00am when I'm up feeding Mack).

I like the red bracelet with the extra beads so there's no wire showing.

Sweet shoes, can you sproing extra high in them?

Anonymous said...

It is the first thing I check in the morning too!

I like your red bracelet without the wire showing too. Bring some extra of your beads when you come - I am ready to make some earrings to match my new silver spoons bracelet. I'll try to put some photos up on my blog by tomorrow. Jane had her friend Karen, the VA jewelry lady make us each one from the glass beads from our Grandmother Sneath's necklace.