Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Snowstorm

Sometimes (I know you are snickering, "Sometimes? Hah!") the camera bug bites you on the rear end, and you get up and just have to take pictures. For some reason, the snow coming down thick, heavy, and fast, inspired me to go outside and take pictures today of a spring snowstorm:

View from the deck this morning.

Ditto.

I never measured it, but I bet it snowed over six inches today.

Connor insisted I take pictures of his handprints and footprints.


"See my snowball?" He really wanted to bring snowballs inside to throw around. Guess what I said.

One of our neighbors across the street. It's like the StayPuff Marshmallow man blew up outside. Notice how it has already melted off the sidewalks and street by the afternoon, and the clouds were already clearing away.

I love pine trees covered with snow.

Connor followed me outside, and on the way back in, he ran through a little snow shower from the wind blowing through the heavy snow on the trees.

I love the closeup as well as the big "take-it-all-in" view.

I love the contrast between the snow on the bare branches and the big, bright blue sky.

Today I had mushy brain. I just could not function or get up the motivation to do anything. I finally made myself exercise by 1:30 pm this afternoon, and I showered, thinking it would clear the cobwebs. Nope. Connor went to bed tonight in the same pair of jammies he slept in last night. I guess doing taxes took their toll, more than I had imagined. I hope tomorrow is better. I was almost completely useless today. And I have so much to do! I can't afford to be lazy. Aaargghhhhh!

You know that part in the movie, "Mr. Mom", where he feeds the baby a can of chili? I guess I had guy brain today, or something, because Emma had nachos for lunch, chili beans and all. Just teaching her to like Mexican food, gotta raise her up right, you know.

End Post #70, 2009

3 comments:

Lois Ann said...

As you can see on my blog, I had the snow picture urge yesterday too. I even took a short video out my kitchen window of the snow falling off the aspen tree out there. Mother Nature can be so awesome. If you had had an energetic day, you might not have taken the time to notice. Good for you...

Sue said...

Great pics! I especially like the footprints in the snow and Connor running through the blizzard!

I must have been bitten by the lazy bug yesterday, too. Once I decided to postpone going to Mom's (I'm still feeling "tripped out") I turned into a slug for the rest of the day. Took a nap, watched TV at Brian & Becca's, then stayed up and watched Twilight with Dan (yes, there was copious eye rolling :).

You can never start 'em too young on Mexican food! Enjoy a day full of baby farts today!

Anonymous said...

You might as well teach one of your daughters to like Mexican food, cuz it's too late for me. I prefer Italian.