Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Can't Wait to Play Beading!

I spent hours today pouring over my beading books, and finally got around to placing my order. It was pathetic! But Sue and I will have fun this weekend being a bunch of slackers watching movies, eating food, and doing a fun craft. It's like a Mini Girls' Weekend! When will there be another official Girls' Weekend? Ummm, Mother's Day weekend? That soon? Who wants to scrapbook, and who wants to bead? And do we all want to gather in one place, or sit tight at our own houses with just our own little kids? Just some things to think about. And could I get some comments here?!!!! Sheesh!!! Maybe I should put the Mother's Day question in an email...

Time Log -

7am to 2 pm - doing the Mom thing and plotting the beading stuff, and barely got my order in on time, to arrive Friday. I know, because I called the company, Fire Mountain Gems and Beads www.firemountaingems.com just to make sure. Whew!
2 pm to 7pm - blew off some mental steam for a little bit, then started studying my web programming again. Yes, I thought I had it all figured out, but then I found I am very limited by the programming eBay allows, and what I had planned to do won't work, so I've got to dig around some more. Sigh...

Then, I found the kids, who are home this week on Spring Break, horsing around in Dani's room:

Attack! It's amazing how much they are NOT killing each other this week. They got pretty rowdy today playing Mario Part 8 on the Wii, and just horsing around a lot, but it was mostly in fun, instead of the usual "I hate you" "Well, I hate you more" flavor of sibling love we get between the older two. Good time, good times.

Then, I made cookies and grilled up a big batch of the chicken breasts I got on sale at Smiths' this week so I could freeze it for future meals. I tried to read my programming book inbetween, but I didn't get very far.

7:30 pm - went to Gerri Allen's house, and we poured over her bead collection. I think I may start up a beading group in my ward. It could be fun!
8:45 pm - stopped at Smith's on the way home. I was dying for a soda pop. Got a call from Zen, "You've been gone too long!" Sheesh, these people just can't live without me. Annoying and gratifying all at the same time. We read from the first half of Jacob 5, the Olive Trees allegory, one of my favorite sections of scripture. Prophesies are mental candy. We discussed the allegory with the kids, lots of interrruptions, mostly from a bored Connor, but it was good to read again.

10 pm - My blog posts, and much distraction looking at the bead website again. Big sigh... So many luscious beads, so little time and money.

Okay help me solve a dilemma, if you can, of what I should do with myself over the next three days. Here are the things that need to get done, and I can't do them all. Which ones should I postpone until Monday, or just abandon all together:

1. Taxes - Yes, people, I'm running out of time, and I really should get them done by Sunday, because Zen probably won't physically be here on the deadline, so he can sign them and I can mail them. Yes, I will efile, but I still have to mail the physical copies, don't I?. I could get an extension (is that hard to file for?), but procrastinating is bad, and besides, I'm pretty sure we're getting a big refund, and we could use the dough NOW.
2. eBay Store Programming and Listing - Darn it! If I could just get the store form programmed like I want it, I could zip along, list things, and really start bringing the dough with a bunch of auctions of the old stuff, to help cross-promote the new stuff, and bring traffic to my store. I know the long-term plan is good, but I've just have this ONE huge boulder in my path, and I need to clear it out of the way, so the money can flow, and the clutter can leave.
3. Mother's Day Albums - I really, really, really want to do a Mother's Day album with the sisters in my ward, somthing simple like Katie, Chris, and I saw at Pebbles. But I've got to design the sample and get the sign-up sheets going. Yes, as Sue pointed out to me, NO ONE signed up for my card class at Christmas, but even if I don't get a lot of interest, either that tells me my design sucks, or if I do get some good response, I've got a good idea that it will sell well in my eBay store, too. And this can't be delayed, because I've only got this Sunday, the 12th, and Sunday, the 19th for sign-ups, so I have two weeks to order in the supplies, if needed, before the class on May second, time enough for people to make an album, and still have a week to mail it to someone. Ordering supplies less than one week before class isn't going to cut it with some of the companies I order from. It takes some of them four business days to get stuff in, and I just don't want to cut it that close. So, either I do it, or forget it.
4. Hangin' with my Sis this weekend - Now, I KNOW this is going to happen, not negotiable.

Sue, I'm asking for your cut-the-monkey-foo opinion, you know you want to give it! See, girls, you think Sue's verbose lecturing tendency on her blog came from one of our parents, but no, it was her SISTER who warped her brain. Yes, it's true, I was the one who nagged her when we were kids. I guess it's a big sister thing. So, I guess the blame rests on me.

End Post #62, 2009

3 comments:

Lois Ann said...

If doing your taxes is a "bird in the hand" to bring money to your bank account, as opposed to the crafty stuff that might be "the two birds in the bush" kind of money, I would suggest GET YOUR TAXES DONE.

P.S. among your beading research, have you seen any leverback ear wires like you fixed for me that are black or pewter color?

Love, Your Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, do your taxes... Don't even mess around with that. I think that you will feel alot better when they are finito' and you know that you are getting a return soon. I think that you need to hold off on the mothers day albums. They are a good idea, but right now you should just focus on your store and bringing in some money. From the sounds of it, the ladies in your ward, aren't too interested. So that's what I think!

Sue said...

Yes, do your taxes first. Then work on your web programming. Not nearly as fun, but those are the responsible things to do in these tight money times.

Lily can't wait to play Punch, Grab, Tickle! We may come tonight instead, Lily said she'd way rather miss swim school if it means more time with the cousins!