Friday, April 10, 2009

Boy, Kids are Work!

Well, it's 12:42 am, and I'm about to fall over, so no long blog tonight. We basically just took care of kids all day. There are two adults, why does it seem like more work? But I shot some great pics at the playground today. I'll post them tomorrow. But here's a pic of dinner. I made pizza for everyone, taking requests for various toppings. We had cheese pizza, pepperoni, hawaiian, and barbeque chicken. It was so good, so good, I feel tempted for a midnight snack. But no! I must refrain!

Goofballs!

Sue was right, we were the bedtime nazis tonight. In fact, I was cracking the whip so hard, sounding like a drill seargant as we made the kids clean up their messes before bed, that Susie whacked me in the butt with a wooden spoon she found on the floor as we were cleaning up. She told me to chill, that I was stressing her out. It's that military upbringing, the inner Patton or Great Santini. "Get with it, people, no lollygagging!!!"

But then we got to chill out by about 9:45 pm. We breathed a deep sigh of relief, stuck an old 80's flick, Can't Buy Me Love, into the dvd player, and Sue ate ice cream while I worked on a beading project. More pics tomorrow!

End Post #64, 2009

2 comments:

Lois Ann said...

Great times to remember... good on you both.
My laptop motherboard is finally calling it quits, so I will go to PC Laptops "We Love You" tomorrow and get a new one, with unlimited warrantee. Have just spent some time selectively saving files to an external hard drive, so I can start over fresh. But that means I will have an extra web cam.. anybody interested? Maybe Aimee?

Happy Easter egg hunts...
Love,
The Grammie

Sue said...

I think Dani was secretly gratified when I spanked you with the wooden spoon. "I wish I coulda' done that!"

That flick was classic, although I'm glad we waited until the kids went to bed to watch it. "Did she just say T-T?"