Thursday, April 2, 2009

Runnin' Around

Okay, I'm getting fed up with the it-takes-me-an-hour-to-remember-what-I-did-today-minute-by-minute posts, so I'll just provide a paragraph summary, then see if I can move on to something more meaningful, or at least more interesting. Nobody needs to know I did my lifetime-2013th load of laundry. Whatever.

Mostly had a Soccer-Mom-Run-Everyone-Around type of day. Got up around 7:30-7:50, hung out with Foofie, snoozed on the couch, then by 9:30, I was up. I cleaned the house, 'cause it was trashed, did laundry, put Foofie down for a nap by 11:30 or so. Played cars with Connor, then I exercised. Naughty-Foo only napped about an hour, and by one, I was running out of time to get ready for Dani's doctor appt. I wanted to have cookies for the kids when they got home from school, so I quickly made a batch of oatmeal cookies, showered, and dressed. I picked Dani up from school, and of course, we were late. If Dani's the Queen of Distractedness, I'm the Queen of Lateness. Just constantly trying to fit too much into too little time. Anyway, Dani does indeed have an ear infection, so we tripped on over to Wal-Mart, picked up medicine and groceries and headed home. I ran Gil up to the College, where he has started taking voice and acting lessons. He's seriously into the whole drama thing, and is even thinking about taking on a part-time job to pay for it, since money is tight once again at our house. Then, I came back, goofed a little, then we all headed back out to Dani's Parent/Teacher Conference. She has much-improved since last quarter. She's very smart, but lacking in follow-through. Her teacher and I made a bigger effort to get her to remember to do her homework, and her grades really came up this quarter. She stayed to help out with the Book Fair. Then, when the little kids and I got back to the house, we had a nice surprise. Zen was home! He got to come back from the field for one night. Yeay! Later, he rounded up the older kids (whew!). I took a nap between 6:30 and 7:10. Then, I helped Dani with her iceshow costume. The show theme is Things That Fly, and her group are eagles. I'm just glad the costume is done. And my group is just wearing all black (Yes! less sewing to do this year!). Then, I just goofed off the rest of the night. And after getting Emma and Connor ready for bed, I pretty much hung up my hat.

Okay, that was not a very short paragraph. Oh, well. I'm just going to bed, and see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

Lois Ann said...

Good man, Gil, to think of getting a job to pay for your new interests.
Becky, you had asked in one of your comments to my blog, what was I doing with my retired time besides paying attention to grandkids. Earlier this week, I came to the conclusion that I should definitely spend time every day actually hands on with my own family history research, as well as photo preservation. So yesterday I looked for photos of Don Cox taking care of his animals and put one up on my blog (in response to Sue's blog about the baby calves). Found some more photos of my Grandmother Sneath to scan also.