Friday, April 24, 2009

Sorry We Blew Up Your Mom Ricky



I'd start putting quotes up here, but then I'd have to put up the ENTIRE script. It's a classic in every sense of the word. As Gil said at the end of the movie, it was "ÜBER"!

Yep, we watched Better Off Dead tonight as predicted. Gil invited his good buddy, Ty, over and we all watched it. It was surreal to hear my teenagers quote a movie I loved as a teenager. Dude, do I have to be that old? But it's a classic for a new generation. Rock on.

Lots to post on, gonna attempt some new computer/web skills, but I'm doing some finessing behind the scenes, and I just don't have a 1am/2am blogfest in me tonight, 'cause I need to get up early and pick up the upstairs in case anyone shows up for beading at 9am. So here's a list for tomorrow or Sunday:

1. My epiphone in the car this morning at 6am after dropping Gil off at the high school.
2. My singing. Yep, gonna do the deed here on my blog.
3. Yummy recipes & pics.

End Post #82, 2009

3 comments:

Lois Ann said...

My memory banks do not seem to include Better Off Dead, maybe we could have a movie when I get to your house?

Sue said...

Classics:

"I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy. I know high school girls."

"Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

"She only speaks French, Roy. She doesn't speak imbecile."

(snorting snow) "Oh! Ugh! Outrageous! This is pure snow! It's everywhere!...I think I just froze the left half of my brain! Look! I can't move my right arm!"

"I'll end up like my neighbor Ricky Smith. He just sits around crocheting all day and snorting nasal spray... He snorts nasal spray? Know where I can score some?"

"He keeps putting his testicles all over me... Excuse me?... You know, like octopus? Testicles?...Ohhhh. Tentacles. N-T. Big Difference."

"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn."

And of course, the ever classic "I want my two dollars!"

I may have to purchase that movie!

Becky in Wyo said...

Cackling!!!

Good times, good times!