Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Congrats Jenn & Josh!!! (and Connor Don't Harsh My Mellow)

If you haven't read Jenn's blog today, then DROP EVERYTHING and visit her blog!!!! That's all I'll say. And if you don't have an invitation to her blog, then send her an email and beg for one!! Let the crafting begin ladies!!

I got up this morning at a little after seven, checked my email, exercised, showered, then went upstairs to this:


Aaah, sweet cleanness!!! And I'm ready for the day before the little ones are up! Perfection!!

I fired up the computer upstairs, cooked my Malt-O-Meal, then got tired of waiting for the slug-a-beds to wake up, so I went and kissed Connor all over his face. He stirred a little, then a little later while I sat at the computer, he said, "I see you!" from the vantage point of his top bunk. Thus started our day together. I peeked in at Emma, who was sitting in her crib contemplating the universe. I kissed her sweet face, Baby Foofie! Then it was breakfast, etc. In the process of looking for the phone book, I wound up in Gil's room, and was just so appalled at the mess that I cleaned Gil's room. It's like the book, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." One thing led to another. Just as I finished Connor ran in and said, "I want to clean!" I just burst out laughing! Oh, sure, come help me just when I'm done!

Stinker! He played with the little vacuum off and on all day, sucking things that did not need to be sucked: his sister's hair, her medicine bottle, furniture, etc.

I did all my eBay online paperwork, cleaning out my email inbox, etc. Then, I wanted to take my bike to the bike shop to see what I needed to recondition it. The gear shifts are really stiff. I've got this idea of giving my bike a total makeover, lube everything and strip and paint the frame. Maybe some kind of glitter teal color. Anyway, feeling inspired by the season, I busted out one of Emma's summer outfits I bought last fall on clearance, then decided she needed a matching binky clip:


Totally cute!

But "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" strikes again.

Okay, so we went downtown to the bike shop. On the way, Sue and I talked on the phone. I was about to kill Connor, who was the consummate backseat driver, chattering away in the backseat "Mom, there's a stopsign" "Mom close your window" "Mom-" See, I've been off my meds for 2 or 3 days for some pharmacy card policy change that I've been too lazy to look into, and I think I'm beginning to have withdrawal. The little things are getting to me, and I had a headache pretty much all day long. So, I was driving with the window down, trying to listen to my music and just relax (driving and music are great therapy for me), but Bossy Backseat is driving me nuts and is Harshing My Mellow! Stinker!! But we went through the drive-thru at Wendy's and picked up some Frosties and a taco salad (it was so good, I should make some for dinner), then at home I fed Emma, then did some stuff in my craft room while Emma had a late nap.

I went visiting teaching tonight. My partner is expecting a baby soon, so we talked baby stuff. I was reminiscing about babies, and briefly felt the baby urge, but it passed.

I finally got home about 8:30, to find Dani safe and sound. I kept trying to get her to "dish" but she was not cooperating. She did 'fess up to only sleeping three hours last night, because she and a bunch of girls stayed up until 2am. I'll see if I can get more story out of her tomorrow.

'Night y'all! Tomorrow is the Ward Talent Show, and I'm going to get some stuff ready to display. I'll have pics!

Kudos to Sue and her MANY blog comments, as well as Mom and Jenn. Sorry for the whining/nagging, but... okay, I'm not that sorry. Because I LOVED your comments!! Hugs and kisses!

End Post #80, 2009

1 comment:

Sue said...

Very cute bling- the outfit looks awesome with Emma's eyes!

What did the bike shop say? You should bring your bike down to us and Dan can totally spruce it up for you- for free!

Do something about your meds today!