Monday, April 20, 2009

Cowboy Joe Bus

I promised a friend in my ward, Becca Sorensen, that I would post a pic of their cool Wyoming Cowboys bus. They bought it cheap and fixed it up (it even has a loud horn that I think plays some type of UW Cowboy tune), and now drive it around for fun, going to UW football games, and other random but fun things such as delivering Christmas treats this past December. I think it's awesome! Wouldn't that be a fun traveling vehicle? Although, I think Gil would die of embarrassment. It's a teenager thing.

I took this pic at the UW Homecoming football game we went to in Laramie last fall, October 11th. It was a great surprise to be watching the parade that morning, and to see familiar faces and a big brown bus coming up the street! I think that's their little girl Anna waving her pom poms out of the window. Do you see the building in the background on the right? That's the LDS Institute and singles ward church building, where Zen and I went when were were in college there at UW, so many years ago. Our first dance, our first date, soooo many memories!!! I wish we'd been able to go inside. We'll probably be back at UW this fall for the next Cowboys game. Should be fun!

Today was a full day. I weeded through my email, filing lots of things, still have to reply to some. Then I ordered some movies on Amazon for a family movie night, maybe this Friday. We're going to watch Better Off Dead, for sure. Gil saw it at a friend's house, and we were laughing ourselves to tears quoting lines to each other. So, here comes the dvd to relive the funnies: "I want my $2!" "Can I date Beth? {postman}" "Do you know what the street value of this mountain is?!!!" "French bread {say fronch}, french dressing, and french fries" "Sorry we blew up your Mom, Rickie" and the list goes on, and on. Some other ones I did are Bedtime Stories, Madagascar, Madagascar 2, Polar Express (Connor still talks about it from watching it at Ryan and Michelle's last December), and a series of anime films by the famous Japanese filmmaker, Hayao Miyazaki, whose films have had the highest grossing sales in Japan. We'll have to make batches of homemade popcorn, guacamole dip, and have ourselves a great time.

Then, I did some other paperwork things in my craftroom, ran to Wal-Mart, literally ran around the store getting my shopping list ready, cooked shrimp linguine in record time for Zen, who had to leave at 4:15pm for a week, and got some eBay orders ready to ship. I went out to my car to run the packages to the post office, and discovered the car battery was dead. I was so panicked, that I started grabbing bikes to find one that didn't have a flat tire, so I could ride one down to the post office, maybe a five-minute ride. But they were all flat! Just when I was about to start walking, my neighbor Carma Lee drove by on her way to run errands. I flagged her down and she helped me jumpstart my car. Kids leave a door ajar all the time, which leaves the inside lights on, which runs down the car battery. I've become really good at jumpstarting that crusty old van. So, Connor and I got the packages mailed, and went back home to a panicked Dani and a hysterical Emma.

Yesterday, Emma started a runny nose. It continued today, and developed into watery eyes and a slight temperature, and by 5pm, she was screaming her guts out, completely inconsolable. I knew what that meant: ear infection. When I got back from the post office, it was about 5:10 pm. I didn't have a lot of hope that there was anyone at the doctor's office that could see her, but I called anyway. Boy, was I lucky! They were still around, and sure enough, she has a raging ear infection. I've dosed her up on her anitibiotics, antihistamine for babies, and Tylenol, but she's been fussy all night. It's 1am now, and I don't know if I'll get any sleep. At 10:50pm I was going to go to bed, and get up early, and have a wonderfully productive day tomorrow, but she woke up, and after trying to get her back to sleep, I let her play in the tv room. I put her back in bed around 12:30am. I can hear her crying again right this minute, so I better go and get her. We'll see what happens tomorrow...

1 comment:

Sue said...

Dude, I would think that bus would be cool in the eyes of a teenager- sweet party bus! I guess I'm out of touch...

You're really good at jumpstarting your van? I think you may be close to Bullhead City Car status.