Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Zen Made a Funny

Sue - no comment, indeed. Your silence is deafening, and probably should continue, at least on that blog post. 'Scuse my shopping issues. But you better stay chatty on everything else!

Got up at 6:30 am with baby, and finally took myself in to my craftroom to finish some sewing repair that was due today. Took my stuff in, got lots more to do. Amen! Maybe I'll have a decent paycheck in a few weeks, well decent enough for an at-home piddly part-time job, anyway. Then I went to the Rec Center. I was too late to get the body bar class, but I punched up things on the elliptical, so it was worth it. Then, back home, taking care of kids, doing lots of little this and that all day, but I didn't goof off or anything. I made a great early dinner for Zen at 4pm - steak, potatoes, salad, & banana bread. I tried to catalog some things in my craft after 5pm, but Connor and Emma were driving me bananas! Some times, you can't get anything done with little children, especially when they are in the tear-everything-apart stage like Emma is. Briefly ran Gil over to the college, where he's working the sound board for a play. But, I gave up after 7pm and put the two little ones in the bike trailer, and rode over to the library. When they closed at 8pm, we went outside on the grass, but soon the mosquitos were feasting, so we went home. Then, it was various bits of this and that, like feeding and watering kids, getting kids ready for bed. Then I finished cataloging some things, and now I'm writing my blog posts before I go to bed.

Okay, you know that statement that no one is a good mother/parent after 8pm (Sue, you know who said it)? Getting kids in bed is the worst part of the day, because they are determined to stay up late, I'm tired, my brain hurts, and I just flip out and go into drill sergeant mode, and kick their butts in bed. I think sometimes, "I'm a nice person, really!" Ughhh.

Funny conversation last night when I came to bed:

Zen (groggy from already falling asleep) - "Honey, free snuggles!" (meaning cuddling without leading to you-know-what)

Becky - "There's no such thing as free snuggles."

Zen - "It's not my fault you always want more."

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha! Soooo funny, because the opposite is true, our roles are usually reversed. Zen made a funny!! I laughed over and over. Just one of those inside-joke conversations you can have with a great sweetie!

Hey, Jenn, I stayed out of Wal-Mart today! Like, no way!

done, 12:45 am, go to sleep!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Zen, way to end the day with a good cackle for your sweetie!