Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Teach 'Em To Cook

Today, Gil asked me to make pancakes, as I have a lot this summer, but I was under such a deadline today, that I hurriedly told him to make some food for everyone, for once. After cooking an awesome breakfast (banana wheat pancakes, luscious omelet-style scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and two types of juice), Gil says, "I am NOT going to be the cook in my house!" Uh, uh, uh! No, no, no! Gotta forget that I'm-a-man-and-I-don't-cook garbage. I told him he could help out his future wife, and improve upon his father's hot-dogs-or-take-out-pizza mentality. Besides, he loves experimenting with food, he even had a foods class in junior high about a year ago, which he really enjoyed. Gotta keep him going. Maybe I should make these kids take a night each week and cook dinner, just so they can learn some skills.

I couldn't pick one, soooo-


I guess this one's my favorite - "Yes, I am the Pancake Master!"

No comments: