Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Making Some Headway

Dude, 1:40 am, must sleep. I did good today, kept my flow going, although I had some spots where I wasted too much time with random things on the internet. Some days, it seems like I'd be better off not turning the dumb thing on in the first place.

There's more stuff on my health/exercise blog. Lost two more pounds today!

But, I'm making some progress getting rid of this craft stuff. See, Dani's room is a disaster, 'cause she's in that teen "I'm a slob" phase, at least I hope it's not permanent. The craft junk I have stored in her room isn't helping either, and she's been begging to rearrange her room. She comes home from camp tomorrow, and I want to surprise her with a cleaned-out-of-her-mom's-stuff rearranged room. Therefore, I need to move my craft stuff out of her room into my bedroom, but I've got to move the craft stuff from my bedroom out to the garage, which I accomplished tonight by rearranging and tidying the garage, and then moving the stuff from my room out to the garage. I'm going to try to do as much as I can before she gets home tomorrow, sometime around lunch. Here's hoping!

Before
Man, when did we acquire so much junk? It's some kind of scary mark of adulthood, the amount of stuff you acquire, and then sits gathering dust in the garage. Remember when everything you owned fit in a suitcase and a couple beat up boxes?

AFTER
Okay, maybe it's not that impressive, and you might have to live here to appreciate it, but now we can reach the tool bench without climbing over things, a huge bonus. What in the world can I do about that ugly oil stain on the floor, a bad scar left by Zen's broken car.

'Night y'all!

No comments: