Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summertime Togetherness

Totally random, but I had this "brilliant" idea of getting all of us out of the house on a late summer evening this past week, Tuesday June 30th. Everyone seems to just slug around at night this summer (all day, too, for that matter), and I thought we could get out, and enjoy the season at one of the elementary school playgrounds. But it was like pulling teeth for the older two. "Are we done yet?" seemed to be the sentiment, and all they did was bicker. I finally gave up on the family togetherness and we headed home to happily pursue our own entertainment. But Connor and Emma had a little fun, anyway.


Connor loves hiding from the camera these days. Gil - Dude, can we get outta here?




Peekaboo!

Just a brief moment laughing at the baby, but this is not an entirely truthful picture. Gil and Dani spent most of the time bickering.

Emma is still in the stage where she eats everything.

Playground gravel sure has an interesting texture.

And fun was had by all. Not.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I guess the teenagers are already getting crusty like us old folks. Lily's always begging me to push her on the tire swing at the park, but I'm like, "That would require me to get my lazy butt off the bench." I usually use Mack as my scapegoat.

Next time tell them to bring a book to read. Not exactly "togetherness" but at least they're not brain rotting!