Monday, July 27, 2009

Dani Finally Cleaned Her Room

Okay, who besides Katy (thank you!), is reading my weight loss/health blog? Just curious. And I really want to get that recipe blog going, Becky's Kitchen Creations. One of the things that's helping my food issues right now is to experiment with food, kind of fun.

After three days of nagging (and making her favorite food, pesto linguine, and then telling her she couldn't have any until she cleaned her room), I finally got Dani to finish cleaning and sorting her room, so we moved the furniture. We are going to buy her a new bedding set, and paint the walls (heaven help me!)

A room overwhelmed by a mother's excessive craft supplies, and a tweenie's slobby mess.
Ditto.
Wahoo! She is so excited about her new, streamlined room. Let's hope it's easier to keep clean. I wish you could see how much junk she threw out, probably two black yard bags worth of plain junk. I've got some Polly Pocket stuff, Bratz, and play clothes we'll be bringing to the reunion. Dani is definitely out of the little girl stage, and into the teenager stage. She has a wonderful Build-a-Bear collection, but we are going to sell in on eBay to see if we can help pay for her bedding and paint.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sorry, I won't be reading the weight loss blog. You see, I think your awesome for doing it, but for every pound you are losing I am gaining two. And it's far too depressing. So, for the next couple of months I will be cheering you on from this blog. Go Becky Go!

dani said...

Not only paint and bedding, but drapes too! I absolutely HATE the drapes in my room now. Throw away and replace, thank you very much.