Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Totally Useless

Emma was better today, and had most of her spunk back, wanting to wander off to explore and play. Connor got her to laugh and giggle.

But me. That's another story.

It's possible that Emma really did have some kind of flu, and has passed it on to me. But the symptoms are different. Personally, I think it's my medication. I don't know if I've blogged about it recently, but I ran out of my medication several weeks ago, and our prescription insurance carrier told me that all maintenance-type medicine had to come through a certain pharmacy, or had to be ordered by mail. Well, seeing how I live in a small town, mail order was my only option. It's taking forever to get the paperwork done, and in the meantime, I've been dragging my feet, not really lighting a fire under anyone's rear, either. Sue suggested I ask my doc for some samples to tide me over. I did that, and then each night when I went to bed, Zen was already asleep, so I couldn't find them in the dark. Each night I'd say to myself, "I'll find it in the morning and put it in the medicine cabinet." I finally did that yesterday, took my pill last night, and then this morning, I woke up with the most bone-deep feeling of exhaustion. I barely got up, got myself dressed to exercise, before I literally fell back into bed, not wanting to move or do anything.

I was totally useless today.

This is what Zen found when he came home today, a totally trashed house, which I think really annoyed him. He started pestering people to pick up the house when he came in the door. I think he was thinking, "I worked my tail off all day to come home to THIS?!" Here's Foofie, feeding herself Cookie Crisp cereal out of a bowl, which came from who knows where.


Everyone dined on cereal today, and I had Zen pick up a 16" pizza from the Wal-Mart Deli, that we threw in the oven. It was pretty good, actually. Not bad pizza for under $10.

But the house was worse than the pictures look, believe me. Maybe my body will start regulating itself on the meds, and I'll have my energy back over the next few days.

1 comment:

Lois Ann said...

Maybe I should have stayed longer? My full in-box could have waited a little longer...