Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday Morning Cleanup

We participated, along with our ward, in the Rock Springs citywide cleanup this morning. We had a section of road between our house and the rec center, and picked up trash in the big field by the rec center.

Connor kept running around looking at things. Here he's looking at ants.

We found a pretty good blue baseball outside the fence at someone's house, so we just threw it back over.


I did exercise this morning, but I did a major amount of squats, too, picking up trash with Foofie Loo on my back.

Connor invented a little game, where he ran around finding trash, then was able to call it a "clue." "Look, Mom another clue!!!" But a clue to what? That people are idiots, leaving their trash on the ground.

Hmmm, mostly wire, cardboard, and bits of broken bottles. I found a small flask of whiskey out in the field, and I found myself wondering how germy it was. But I wasn't curious enough to take the lid off and investigate.


Good job, crew!!!

Then, we went to Smith's for donuts, and Taco Time for a smoothie for Gil. Yummy!



4 comments:

Lois Ann said...

Great job everybody! We cleaned up all the dirty dishes in the house, and did 5 loads of laundry, mixed in with reading stories, watching movies, and taking naps.

Anonymous said...

You are sooooo cool, Clean up the earth!!
Happy mothers day!!

Sue said...

Orange is such a flattering color. Brings out the inner pumpkin in us all.

Anonymous said...

I don't like to brag, but my hair looks awesome in that last picture.