Friday, May 1, 2009

Raising the Flag

Okay, time to 'fess up. I got in a lot of trouble for my sassy blog post, particularly the part with the sassy song about spending money on shoes, bags, and jewelry. There'd been almost a steady succession of boxes coming in the mail over the past week, and it was freaking Zen out that I'd been spending money on movies and jewelry books, definitely not in the necessities category. It made for a few tense days. So, yesterday morning, Zen did what Sue calls "raising the b.s. flag." This is when someone gives you a verbal or written intervention. I got reprimanded, rightly so. I tried to be quiet, "Okay, he's right. I've been spending too much money." Zen said his peace, left for work, and then at the end of the day, he came home from work all happy.

Dave Ramsey, here we come! With a fresh budget and plan in hand, I can start feeling responsible about money again, and my husband won't have to get upset and raise the flag. Sue, either, for that matter. After all, she is the Queen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, don't you love the flag....? I have to raise it on myself sometimes.... Oh man, but I really need to buy those new shoes!! NO NO NO, I can just here Sue in my head!!

Sue said...

Glad I can be the little devil on everyone's shoulder!