Saturday, May 2, 2009

Shopping with Foofie Deet Loo, You Big Deet!

Okay, so I got together my shopping list and all my returns to make the Saturday trek to Wal-Mart. Yes, it's only five minutes away, but you try shopping at Wal-Mart in Rock Springs, WY on a Saturday, and then come back and talk to me. I swear, sometimes I go in there and I feel like I've stepped into communist Russia. Things are constantly out-of-stock on the shelves, and you wait FOREVER in line to check out. Sheesh!

On my way out the door, I check to see where Connor is, so I can sneak out the door and not have to take him with me. No, I did not leave him home alone, although at various times the thought has crossed my mind. Come on, dvds, popcorn, strawberry milk, and running water in the bathroom, what more could a kid want! But I digress. So, this morning it occurred to me that I could take Emma with me. I could be a dork and make cute baby noises at her as we shopped, and she wouldn't run away and hide in the racks or on the shelves behind the boxes of toilet paper. (Connor!!!)

But, it's been too long since I shopped with a baby, and I forgot what an extended shopping trip is like, or I NEVER would have taken her with me.

Dani was asking me yesterday or this morning, who was the loudest baby out of all four kids, and these days I swear it's Emma. She just peels paint, and induces the drop-kick feeling (thank you Lori!). Reminds me of Bill Cosby Himself (one of the top 5 comedy videos of ALL TIME). He talks about how that kind of sound travels up the spine of a parent, and they have to get up and go see what the problem is. Forget justice, they just want peace and quiet!

So, with my purse and cell phone in hand, we headed off to Wal-Mart. She was so cute today, in her pink sweater and matching pink crocs, and of course, her stylin' binky clip (I wonder where a person can get one of those?!).

She started off so cute and adorable, like baby sheep and kittens.

It didn't take long for her to get bored, and start chewing on my cell phone or throwing things out of the cart:

"Mommy, let's play the fetch game."

"This sucks! I want out of here!" Dogs three states away can hear her.

Finally we got around to the side of the store where the deli is, and I got her a little bucket of popcorn chicken to gnaw on. Whew!

Okay, so I guess I'll continue to leave her at the mercy of Dani and Gil as her babysitters. 'Cause shopping with Baby Nazgul isn't going to happen again any time soon. You Big Deet!

Yes, all I had on me was a cell phone to take pics. Guess what I want for Mother's Day?! A new camera phone of course, one of those that takes 3MB pics, and pretty decent pics for a cell phone. My niece, Annie, has a great cell phone, and I've been astonished at the quality of the pics she gets on hers. Okay, nobody yell at me, or "raise the flag", for my material lust. At least I'm eligible for a new-every-two phone discount of some kind on our current cell plan. A girl can dream, though. Sigh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo with you on the whole "taking the kiddos to the grocery store" thing.... I would rather starve than take avy with me sometimes. And, I hate that you can get through the store with no problems and then when you get to the check out, all CRAP breaks loose because then they want all of the crap that they strategically place at child height at the register... I try to find the check outs that just have magazines and gum, if I can find them!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, what is Deet??

Sue said...

Shopping with children is the bane of my existence. Especially because most of my shopping trips are big marathon ordeals. But I must admit, you take the cake on the most annoying screaming child!