Sunday, May 3, 2009

Baby Deet's Ladybug Bling

Went to stake conference today, and to motivate myself, I fixed Emma's ladybug bracelet, which was just big enough she could pull it off, so I had to make it smaller. (Because eternal salvation has to do with putting matching bling on the baby.) Then, to really rise to the challenge, I made her a ladybug necklace in no time flat. I'm getting good at this beading thing. I only had one ladybug bead left, so it became the centerpiece of the necklace, with red and black beads surrounding it.




What is up with the name Deet? I refer back to blog post http://randomlyoddbits.blogspot.com/2009/04/ten-months-old.html, which has all her nicknames. But here's an updated list, with a few additions/corrections:

1. Deet-Deet (a take-off on her baby babbling, it just kind of developed when we were trying to mimic her baby talk back to her. You say it fast and high-pitched, like it's a cricket sound), it's like Chris' baby name Uttie. Deet-Deet, or just Deet, might stick for a while. You can say it like you think she's the cutest thing in the universe "Deet-deet!", or you can say it in lieu of swearing. "You Big Deet!"
2. Foofie, Foofie-Loo-Hoo, Foo-Foo
3. Baby Alligator - I say this to her sternly when I'm changing her diaper, and she won't hold still.
4. Baby Lovie (very brief)
5. Emma-Loo-Hoo, Sassy-Loo-Hoo (although this has been reassigned to Dani for the most part), Baby-Loo-Hoo. Occasionally putting "loo-hoo" on the end of names or words is kind of a "thing" these days. Sounds kind of Seussian, although that was not my original intent.
6. Bunny, Bunny-Loo-Hoo, Baby Bunny

Emma's favorite thing to do is to tear apart the container of hand wipes. She will screech her head off if you take it away from her. Hey, maybe I should invest in earplugs! She also likes to gnaw on my mp3 player, that has a silicone cover on it. It's like a chewtoy for babies. But why does it have to be my mp3 player? She has her own baby chew toys, why does she have to destroy mine?!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Hey, if it motivates you to go and sit through Stake Conference with a baby, a toddler and two fighting teenagers, then I say, yes, it is essential!

You must confiscate the mp3 player immediately!

Anonymous said...

Well, at least she will have clean and very sanitized hands... nice!

The Donnells said...

Did you have to mention my nick name? I am still trying to grow out of that. The funny thing is now Sedona points and says "ummm" so she is Ummy. I didn't think those things were genetic, who knew? I like the matching ladybug accesories, so chic.