Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Online Baby Gift Registry

I started shopping around online (always dangerous) and it occurred to me that it would be really cool if all the expectant mothers would make a list of baby stuff needed/wanted. We could:
1. Write a blog post just addressing this issue, providing links to all your favorite online stores & products (most of us don't live close, and some of us are in shopping Siberia and do most of the decent shopping online.)
2. Make a sidebar/page-element addition to your blog.
3. Write a whole new blog!! It would be just like the Family Reunion Blog, only dedicated to our Family Online Baby Gift Registry, and anyone could contribute.
4. Please include links and color preferences.

This would be really cool, because not only could we buy new stuff for everyone, we can all keep our eyes peeled at D.I., KSL.com, and other places where we can pick up quality used items for cheaper than new (almost all of my baby furniture was second-hand, even the crib, but it's lasted forever.) What do you think?

5 comments:

Jenn said...

that's a really great idea. I know that Target and Babies r us have baby registries and I'm pretty sure you can register online. So that would also be nice because we could look and see exactly what you need and see pictures.

Jenn said...

what happened to all of the other bloggers out there. I feel like you are the only one leaving comments on my blog, and I'm the only one commenting on yours!

Becky in Wyo said...

That is a darn good question!!!! I know some of the family are just readers, and not bloggers, but our fellow bloggers should know that like plants need water, air, and sunshine, we need comments every now and then! Yes, this is a guilt-trip comment! I hope somebody is paying attention!

Anonymous said...

Okay.. The guilt trip worked... I think that is a good idea too... Maybe it would be fun to get all of the pics and dates of the new mothers... I think that we will need a blog just to keep track of everybody!!!

Jenn said...

that would be such a fun blog to start. i nominate katy or becky (or both) to get it up and rolling.