Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Apologies

Okay, I really hit a wall this past weekend. I had a migraine Saturday, with the spotty vision, nausea, and blinding pain, the kind that lays you flat, literally, and makes it so you have to go away to a dark room, curl up in a ball, and just wait it out. I only get them about once a year, thank goodness, but man they are no fun. Sunday, it was better, but my head just felt bruised. Monday I was totally lethargic, yesterday was more productive, but today the lethargy is back. Sheeeshhh.

I think I'll have to issue a retraction on my guilt-trip last week. I'm so not good with the blogging these past few weeks, maybe month. I blame it on my summer guest for the time-being. Hopefully it gets better. Okay, a few random pictures for your pleasure:

This was Nov. 30th, and Connor and I had one of those random nights, where he woke up in the middle of the night, and decided he was fully-rested and rarin' to go. I, of course, was super-tired, and not in the mood to play, by any stretch of the imagination. I set him up with his Cars movie, two sippers of milk, a bowl of dry cereal, Cap'n Crunch Berries I think, and a bowl of popcorn (shush! it's not your kid!), and I tried to sleep on the couch. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

We're sooo slacking on the holiday celebrations, but I did get Dani to make Christmas cookies. I made the dough, and she went to town with the cookie cutters. Unfortunately, they were all gone by the next day, much to Dani's irritation. Hhhmmmm, holiday hazards.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Mmmm...sugar cookies! I rarely make them because they're so much work, what with all the rolling and cutting and rerolling. I think you're totally on to something with just preparing the dough and then assuming "camera duty" while you make the kids do the hard part!

About the Christmas traditions, it's hard to feel motivated when you're just so tired and worn down by the end of the day. Maybe try this: you have such a lovely singing voice (Zen, too) so each night before bed, just turn off the TV, turn out all the lights and sit in front of the tree and sing. Dani will love it and it will really help you feel the Spirit.

I love you!

Jenn said...

Becky I'm glad you are back to the blogging world, we really missed you!