Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Summer Guest - Thanks for the Mood Swings

Not much interesting to talk about these days, but I'll write some random stuff. I think I just broke my rear end again. Like an idiot, I went down the back snowy steps this morning to the garage in my flip flops, to get a jug of milk out of our extra fridge in the garage. My feet slipped out from under me (how could that possibly happen in flip flops in the snow?), and I landed hard on my rear end. Ouch! I think I broke my butt again. And, yes, it was all very dumb, and it's because I have less mental faculties since Summer Guest moved in. I mean, I'm kind of a dork anyway, but now I'm especially stupid.

Summer Guest has sure given me some crazy mood swings. This weekend I had a headache almost constantly, although I am grateful it wasn't a migraine. Connor was sick with diarrhea & vomiting, and I spent just about the whole weekend on the couch with him. I felt totally nuts, deep in the dumps and was sure I was the lowest worm on earth. This morning I felt pretty enthusiastic and chipper. What could possibly be wrong in the world? Life is fantastic! After all, I haven't accidently maimed anybody in daycare yet, and I still exercise every morning, so it's all good. Yeah! Wait... I think I want to cry again for no good reason. Okay, I'm a total psycho.

Connor's still sick, but running around playing like he's not, so it could be worse. I think our water bill this month will look like a summer water bill. I bathe his rear end everytime I change his diaper, to keep the sore butt to a minimum. I am so thankful for running water. What a great blessing! We're so spoiled with indoor plumbing, you know that? No smelly outhouses, no literally frozen toilet seats, no hauling buckets of hot water to have that once-a-week bath, and fresh drinking water whenever you want it.

Zen took the kids sledding yesterday afternoon. Do I have any pictures to show for it? No!!!!!! Monkeys!!!!! Uuuughhhh! So, today I am pictureless, but I sure left lots of babbling for you to read!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Becky, I have to say that between you and Chris' stories I am officially swearing off pregnancy. I already have mood swings, nausea, cravings, and craziness on a daily basis. I can't imagine it being any worse! For now, I will have to enjoy your cute little babies when they are born and appreciate all of the hard work you went through to get them here.

Becky in Wyo said...

Thanks, you can snuggle babies all you want! It's kind of like being the Grandma: hug 'em & kiss 'em, then hand them back to the mom. It's the best!