Sunday, November 4, 2007

Wanted - Some Experienced Advice

Could the more "mature" women in our family give me advice on something? About the last six months or so, I've found that I literally can't sit on my rear end anymore! If I sit on a surface that is not really padded, my tailbone hurts a lot when I get up! What can I do about this? Do I have to start carrying around a special orthopedic pillow, or something?!!! It's so irritating!

Sorry if that was TMI (Too Much Information), but I need help!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Are you entering the old lady phase of carrying around your own special cushion everywhere you go? Scary! Liz, I believe I noticed that you had one of those on the ride home from Park City. Do share your secrets!

Lizzy Lou said...

Here is the secret. My lovely daughter bought two cushie seat pads at DI for scrap booking because we tend to spent up to 8 - 10 hours at that type of activity. And she handed one to me while we came home that day. Sounds to me like you have broken your tail bone...Josh was born posterior, so when his big fat head was delivered, my tail bone popped. That was the worst part of the whole experience.....Have you fallen or sat down wrong lately.?????

Becky in Wyo said...

Yes, I may be getting "old lady butt". Hope that's not offensive to the more mature women in our family. But Liz has a good point. I never thought about the possibility that I've injured my tailbone. I'll have to look into that when I start my ob appointments. I don't remember falling on my rear end recently, and this pain has been going on shortly after we moved here. Maybe it was almost a year ago, when I started ice-skating lessons and I fell down a few times those first few months. I don't know, but I'll definitely tell my doc about it. I wonder what they can really do about it? As active as I am, I don't think I can really stay off my butt indefinitely. There's a joke in that, I just know it, but I can't think of one right now. Sue, queen of potty humor, could you oblige?