Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Little Thanksgivings

Sorry, I'm such a blogging slacker these days! Okay, 'tis the season. Here's my little Thanksgiving list:
1. Zen - Like he said, he's not a woman (i.e. not so good at the "venting feelings" type of conversation, which isn't always contructive anyway), but he's absolutely fantastic at being a good provider, great at getting us to do fun stuff together, he's always so mellow and not moody (unlike those of the XX persuasion in our family, thank goodness), has no vices (unless you count world of warcraft), he's a great dad, has a strong testimony, says kind things, is willing to help, and is just an all-around great guy!
2. All my kids - Gil (Mr. Funny & Responsible), Dani (Best Smile & Loves to Play), Connor (Cars Fan & Loves His Mommy)
3. My testimony - sometimes it seems like I have so far to go, it's discouraging, but I appreciate my Savior and all the sweet gifts the gospel brings.
4. All my family Sister Friends - I love my Mom, sister, Aunts, cousins, and sisters-by-marriage. You're the best!
5. Blogging - pretty much the same as #4, but I am thankful for a place to write my feelings, where I get to interact with the people I love. I've even gotten Zen to leave a few comments - always some variety of "CATS", but it really makes me laugh everytime, thanks Sweetie!!
6. My nice house - not all that outstanding by some worldly standards, but it fits us just fine, and hey, I have a craft room, for crying out loud!
7. My craftroom - grossly underused, but I'm trying to remedy that situation! Major inspiration credits to Katy & Liz! I wish I had a crafting buddy! (You know, like some people have an exercise buddy.) Maybe I'll have to find one locally, you know, come out of my shell, and all that...
8. My job - Okay, I'm honestly not enthusiastic about doing daycare all the time, and some days are better than others, but I'm really thankful it allows us to pay our bills, and hopefully get out of debt in the next three or four years.
9. An almost-tragedy passed uneventfully - I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say that last Thursday, something not-very-wonderful happened with Connor and the little baby I tend, and while the baby was fine, it scared the holy monkeys out of me, and I cried about it off and on this past weekend, for no good reason. I am VERY thankful all turned out well.
10. Vacations! - I'm really looking forward to this Thanksgiving vacation, and plan to goof off as well as work in my craftroom, but mostly goof off.
11. Beautiful printed papers & cardstocks - Need I say more?
12. Delightful rubber stamps - Ditto #11, so many stamps, so little time.

No comments: