Sunday, November 4, 2007

Thank goodness I'm not very fertile!

Sorry, I took a break for a few days, and ignored my blog and everyone else's. I wanted to leave my Halloween post up for a while, but now I'm moving on. Plus, I had ELEVEN kids in my house Friday! It was a flashback to this summer, when I had days like that, too. Some days the universe converges, and I have everyone here at the same time, and Friday was one of those days. I had my three kids (there was no school Friday) and eight daycare kids. At least it was good money that day. Thank goodness it's over. Whew!! I'm so glad I don't have a busload of my own kids, and that mine are spaced a good ways apart. I was really glad to see the weekend, and even though I had a lot of things I could have done Saturday, I spent it vegging instead. Mental Health Day. I figure I spend all week picking noses, wiping butts, doing laundry, serving five meals a day, and cleaning house, and a lot of Saturdays I hang up my housewife hat and just veg out with the kids, generally doing nothing constructive, except exercising and a little grocery shopping.

6 comments:

Lois Ann said...

Way to go! - I love reading your blog. Don't get to it every day, but it cheers me up. I am so inspired by your weight loss that I am serious about Jenny Craig again. Lost 5 pounds the first week and that included our Park City weekend. I keep that sugar free Jello and fat free ReadyWhip on hand for those moments when I used to think I was starving - now I figure that my hunger is just something to notice. Jello (so far) hits the spot.

Love, Grammie

Becky in Wyo said...

Yey for you!!! I'm so glad I could be helpful! Sometimes, I'm afraid I'm obnoxious or something, but it's good to hear I'm actually helping. Thanks! And I'm definitely going to adopt your Jello trick.

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, I just read the blog and, honestly, it was funnier than "CATS"! I found myself laughing again and again.

Zen

Sue said...

Do I sense a bit of mockery in Zen's tone? Spoken like a true blog-widower!

Lizzy Lou said...

I love the head band!!!. It makes your face sparkle...

Becky in Wyo said...

That Zen. For my birthday (did I already tell this story?), I asked that he make a comment on my blog as a birthday present. After noticing the lack of Zen comments, I asked him about it. He said, "You already said everything. I couldn't think of anything to write." I was insistent he could think of something for my birthday, so he said, "What do you want me to be, a woman?" It sort of made me stop and think. I guess he's not randomly chatty like a woman, then. Okay. So, just a few days ago, I told him he could leave something brief, like "I read it, Zen." And, the above comment is what he left. Gotta love him!