Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Cowboy Memorial Bloopers

I'm saved! I'm saved! My camera has been found! And, I win the Doofus of the Week Award. When I couldn't find my camera yesterday, and Zen said he didn't remember unloading it from the car, I assumed that meant it didn't make it home. You see, he's pretty thorough about the unpacking, not wanting a bunch of junk in his car. So, it never occurred to me to look in his car. Dumb, I know. But it slipped into my head to look today, and there it was, in the back of his trunk!!!! Aaaaarghhh!! All this drama over nothing! (Cheeks red with embarrassment.)

Oh, and an honorable mention goes to my mother, who so willingly and graciously drove out to the State Hospital today and looked for my camera. FIVE Gold Stars for you!

Here are the Don Cox 100th Birthday Cowboy Remembrance photos from this Saturday. Some of these are just begging for additional captions (hint, hint) -


Now you know why it took us forever to get out of town Friday night.


Battle of the Century at Grammie's house. Hi-yahhhhh!


The cousins chillin' at Grammie's, playing dominos.


Connor and his favorite toy, Lightning McQueen. This is just sooo "little boy".


The cutest "seefood" this side of Texas.


Do I know you? Are we related?


Four cousins at the State Hospital church. Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall... well, we are at a hospital, of sorts.


Did you say, "cheese"? I thought you said, "booger"!


An awesome cowboy cake!! Good thing there were so many kids to help eat all that yucky yummy icing.


Let's not think about how much extra love got spritzed on top of that cake.


Yum! Let's eat a bunch of sugar, and then sit quietly and respectfully for a very nice and heart-felt program. Hhhhmmm...

Okay, there are almost no relevant cowboy photos in here, and this is all very tongue-in-cheek for such a special day, but at least the pics are about Don Cox's descendents, so it's all good.

P.S. Okay I just read all this before posting, and I feel somewhat disrespectful. After all, it was a nice program, and I'm glad that we all decided to remember our great cowboy forefather. But, I guess our tongue-in-cheek humor is a family trait, too, so I'll let this blog post stand. Yee-haw!

P.P.S. Mom wanted me to put a note on here about more pics on the Reunion blog. Here's the link:http://coxfamily07.blogspot.com/

No comments: