Monday, November 12, 2007

Back in My Day...

Thanks to Jenn for giving me my first "rattling pitchforks" comment. It's some kind of status symbol, right? I feel so special! I was going to blog the Saturday get-together, but lo and behold, I think I've lost my camera. Aaaaaaaaagh! The last place I remember seeing it is the church at the State Hospital down in Provo, so I would appreciate any help you could give me. And, yes, I already emailed Liz, so hopefully I will be able to recover my camera. But I hate the idea of losing those pictures, because some of them were really cute, and I wanted to blog them. Darn it! Anyway, there probably won't be any pictures forthcoming until I get a camera, one way or another.

So, despite the camera drama, today's blog post is about a funny comment Zen made to the kids on the drive back to Wyoming Saturday night. We'd had enough of the dvd player, and turned it off to listen to the radio. There's not a lot of selection in Rock Springs, Wyoming, so we were reveling in the variety along the Wasatch front. I made everyone listen to disco, of all things, on B98.7. That's when the kids started complaining. So Zen, in all his Dad wisdom, says , "When I was a kid, we didn't have dvd players. Sometimes, we didn't even have radio. We had to sing songs - both ways!" For some reason, that just made me laugh, and laugh, and laugh... and I knew it would end up on my blog. Sometimes, parenting together can be wonderful.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I can't believe you lost your camera.
How horrible that must be for you. In a selfish way I'm sad because my camera died at the party and I didn't get any pictures so I was hoping to steal some of yours. Well, I hope you find it or replace it. Maybe Santa will get you a new one for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Losing your camera is worse than not getting to see "CATS". I was SOO not laughing, especially when I saw the part about Santa bringing you a new one. Luckily we don't have to worry Santa about that since YOU FOUND YOUR CAMERA!!! yayyyyyyy!!!

ps Becky ask your mom what your baptism date is....now while you're thinking about it, before you forget. :)

zenmaster