Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Lack of Cultural Refinement

Do you ever feel left out when people start quoting the classics? Do you sometimes feel like a hick? Not feelin' quite genteel? Do you stick your foot in your mouth frequently? Well, come join our family!

Some kid (cough Gil cough) accidently reset my desktop yesterday, and I went back through my selection of desktop backgrounds to pick one that matched my mood, and this one struck my fancy:



Reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes, our favorite! You can tell by this mangled pile of books:



I soooo wanted to put a Calvin and Hobbes clip up here, but I figured I'd get busted for copyright violations of some kind sooner or later, so I won't bother. But trust me, Connor was totally making a Calvin and Hobbes face. Here's another Calvin tribute:



Katy recently had a blog post about her favorite holiday movie, White Christmas, and it made me laugh, because our favorite holiday movie is Christmas Story, with Ralphie's quest for a bb gun, his mother who hasn't had a hot meal in 10 years, and his dad's eternal war on the furnace. Classic!

So, as you can see, we are a supremely culturally refined family! Especially with our appreciation for gassy humor and redneck jokes!

P.S. In our defense, we at least read scriptures together at 6:30am every morning, Monday thru Friday. We're not totally hopeless!

4 comments:

Sue said...

LOVE your intro. Couldn't think of a better way to describe our family! Even made Dan laugh!

Becky in Wyo said...

Well, you know, sometimes I'm funny. Seems like I write so much, humor is bound pop up sooner or later. And I just have to roll my eyes now and then, because my children embarrass me... or I embarrass myself. Take your pick.

Miss Socially Clumsy
The Dorky Family
(Gilean, of course, excludes himself from this label)

zenmaster said...

That was SOO better than "CATS". I'm gonna be readin that again and again

Jenn said...

Five days is far too long to keep us waiting. Enough already, get blogging!