Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Foggy Brain

Well, it had to come back to this sooner or later, so lets dive in to my foggy brain. Hhmmm... oh, what was I talking about? I got lost there for a minute. Oh, yes, my fogginess. I mix up my kids names all the time. Gil is Connor, Dani is Gil, Connor is Gil, is Gil Dani? you get the picture. Maybe I should just start calling everyone "hey, kid" and be done with it. And I seriously can't get motivated to do anything these days. It's a struggle getting out of bed in the morning Monday thru Friday, I tell you what. Here is my early-morning routine, step by step:
1. Turn off the alarm at 4:50 am. Try not to go back to sleep. Hah!
2. Throw back the covers, sit up, and turn on the light.
3. Walk five feet to the bathroom, use the facilities, then sit back down on the bed and tell myself I just have to get going (this can go on for a while). I can't break my three-month streak of exercising everyday except Sunday (yes, I exercised Thanksgiving morning). I have to be ready for July, because I'm seriously determined to do anything I can to avoid a c-section this time. This is about endurance, baby. And I AM NOT GAINING BACK THOSE 30 POUNDS I LOST!!!!! I realize I will gain anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds for my Summer Guest (yes, that's my average), but I have to get myself set for the four months AFTER the arrival, because that's when I REALLY gain weight. Uughhh. No nursing weight-loss for me, more like the Nursing Hippo.
4. Stand up, go find my exercise clothes. Try not to get distracted by the always-ginormous piles of laundry in the laundry room. I start a lot of loads of laundry at 5 in the morning. I may not get back to it until 9pm at night, hence the ginormous piles of laundry.
5. Put on exercise clothes. Locate MP3 player.
6. Step on my Gazelle striding machine (an infomercial impulse-buy thing four years ago), and start going. I am soooooo slow when I start. It's a miracle I get a mile done in thirty minutes these days. But in my defense, I keep the resistance on, too. When I can get to the rec center, and use one of their elliptical machines, it measures over two miles, so that makes me feel better. If I can make it through the first fifteen minutes, I can usually go a lot faster the last fifteen minutes. I almost double my speed in those last fifteen minutes.
7. Whew! Mission accomplished. Now I shower and get dressed, read scriptures with the fam, then face my day with all the little kids.

Man, exercising is a lot harder now that Summer Guest is coming. My body is soooo not into making an effort on anything. Weird thing is, I either feel inexplicably stressed-out over nothing, or I feel kind of buzzy, just sort of floating. Hyperaware vs. Clueless. Blechhh.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

you should feel really good about yourself because that is very impressive. Do the kids know about your summer guest yet or is it still a big secret?

Becky in Wyo said...

Still a big secret!

Anonymous said...

okay, Holy Crud, give yourself a frigin break.. You are doing good to do all of that even if it is hard to do sometimes!!! you go girl!