Saturday, September 15, 2007

Widget Archive

4/19/09 - It\ 20 Sep (prob 08) - "Discover the Spirit" it says at the top. I'll say! I just about died laughing when I saw this license plate in the Wal-Mart parking lot on the way back to my car. I kept thinking, "Don't move, don't move!" as I loaded the bags in my car. Yes! It was still there! After taking the pic, I giggled all the way home.

3/6/08 - Wish I could provide the videos, but my two fav commericals this week are:
1. Some kind of toasty, crunchy, healthy breakfast cereal is brought to a man sleeping in bed, and has been carried to him on a tray by none other than his faithful dog. After eating said cereal and going out for the day, the man happily goes hiking down a beautiful forest trail. Just when you think his lovely dog is going to come bounding around the corner after him, the camera cuts to a close-up shot of the dog in bed, snoring away in a pristine cocoon of white linen. You dog lovers gotta love that one, because it even made me laugh, well after the commerical faded away. You go, Sly! Way to steal the covers!
2. Mt. Dew Yo-Yo commercial. My fav part is where the young hoodlum, after trying to hold up a local convenience store, gets into a yo-yo battle with the clerk. "We're tangled, we're tangled, we're tangled!" Classic material, people. Makes me laugh every time.

2-28-08 Yeah, I've decided I need to archive a lot of my widgets, but I don't want to lose them entirely, so I'm going to stick them here, at the very beginning of my blog, where they are out of the way, but still preserved:

Big Momma in the Snow - Hideous, I know, but I like it anyway! Little miss fat and sassy! But it's the "acceptable" fat!
http://bp1.blogger.com/_ifnThKPGwEo/R36q-BCZFlI/AAAAAAAAAQk/Pge85cewYhk/S228/becky-winterpregnant-1jan08.jpg

Adorable Me - A new outfit and a new "do" can do wonders for a girl! Bring on the headbands!
http://bp1.blogger.com/_ifnThKPGwEo/Ry6k6d18-gI/AAAAAAAAAMM/uYk00Ka-olI/s1600/cutie-sassy-me-27oct07.jpg

Fave Motivational Quote
I stole this from Katy's blog:

"It's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself." Colonol Potter-MASH

New Fave Workout Song
I'll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan Soundtrack

Favorite Animated Series
Avatar
Don't mock me, it's the kids' fault. But, seriously, this is a GREAT series. Very detailed, excellent characters, great role-modeling (friendship, loyalty, sacrifice, perseverance, etc.), excellent artwork, interesting fictional portrayal of Asian culture, and plenty of humor. It would be hard to start in the middle, with the long, complicated plot, but if you can check out the first "Book" from the library, I think you won't be disappointed.

Songs That Make Me Cry or Give Me Chills
Tiny Hands - Kenneth Cope
God's Will - Martina McBride
Deliver Us - Prince of Egypt Soundrack

Today's (or this week's) Link
Feel kind of clueless about all those "cool" abbreviations people use online? Here's a list to explain most of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chat_Lingo Just scroll down, and you'll get to the list. TTYL

The High Cost of Living
Do you know that my monthly Wal-Mart receipts total about as much as my mortgage payment? That's the price of living in a small town, with very little shopping options. I can drop $100 at Wal-Mart, and the next night, have no idea what to make for dinner. It's seriously pathetic, or maybe it's just really bad planning.

A New Winter Background
Still tweaking the backgrounds. Hopefully I can improve this one, so my title will have a snowflake background, too. But, at least I can live with this for a while. Again, be sure to check out http://www.matiekay.blogspot.com/ for some more great backgrounds. In the meantime, I'll keep learning! - 27nov07

Like What You See?
Well, I've been wanting to get to this for a long time, so here it is: designing my own blog backgrounds! After being inspired by the
Matie Kay Creations blog that Katy found and posted on her blog over a month ago, I've had the urge to design my own backgrounds. I squeezed in a few minutes here and there all day today designing the leaf backgrounds. I'll keep tweaking this blog design some, as I learn how to mess with the HTML code to get things how I like it. But, I want to hurry and get some kind of snowflake thing going for the Christmas/Winter holiday season, too, so stay tuned! I'm totally willing to share, and plan on putting lots of designs up on my alternative blog,
http://beckyscraftroom.blogspot.com/. I'll keep tweaking that one, too! - 11/20/07

Little Thanksgivings
Double-blessings today. Camera found, crisis averted. And, my scanner isn't dead, just the power adapter. Much cheaper to replace. I am a thankful woman today. Now, I've got to get back to work on clearing the extras out of my craft room...
11/13/07

Attention Magic Genies (and other Interested Parties)
Wanted: one super-awesome camera to replace the one I lost (returning my orginal would also be acceptable). Also, could we do something about the chaos in my craftroom? I give at least 100 hours a week (no lie) to daycare, menial but necessary housework like laundry and dirty bathrooms (blechh!), four meals a day, a little boy who thinks his mother is the ONLY person on the planet worth dealing with, Uncalled-For Girl Drama, a church calling as Cubmaster, and did I mention, I've tried to be less anti-social by blogging my little heart out with my sister-friends? Now, I realize that there are plenty of people who have life harder than I do, and some of them I know pretty well, but could I get an extra burst of energy at the end of the day, so I can enjoy my craftroom again? Thanks so much, I think it may help my sanity! And you know, it will benefit other people, too.
11/12/07

Supermodel in Disguise - Because I am a sexy woman!
http://bp3.blogger.com/_ifnThKPGwEo/RxaQPkQdGVI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/K-UjSIZYnYE/S228/mepic-16sep07-blog.jpg

No comments: